Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TRAIN NEWS* Brighton main line closed tomorrow

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I got the 9.08 from Haywards Heath to Victoria this morning and although pretty busy, i got a seat. And it arrived at Victoria only about 5-10 mins late.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I got the 9.08 from Haywards Heath to Victoria this morning and although pretty busy, i got a seat. And it arrived at Victoria only about 5-10 mins late.

That's made me wonder what the impact of having a couple of services starting from HH on a regular basis might be. Be good for HH commuters, and would it make things slightly better for others further up and down the line?

No idea. Not an expert in these matters at all.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
1742 & 1812 London Bridge to Littlehamptons both diverted via Lewes and terminating at Brighton

Ernest - I presume it's impossible to say, but do you reckon these arrangements will be on-going for a number of days, if not the whole week ? More rain due on Thurs, I see.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So will the park and rides or buses let you use already purchased rail tickets ???

No.

Reduced service via Falmer SHOULD mean more coaches on all the services that do actually run, trains from London will have 12 coaches, though only 8 will open at Falmer, minimum of 6 coaches all round then.

cheers

so whats best for Durrington and Shoreham post 5pm from L.B do you think ?

Take the service Ernest said and change at Brighton for Shoreham. For Durrington, via Barnham might be best.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1742 & 1812 London Bridge to Littlehamptons both diverted via Lewes and terminating at Brighton

Is that right? On the Southern site it says:

"In the evening peak the 16.57 and 17.42 London Bridge to Littlehampton services will be diverted after Three Bridges to call at Horsham, Arundel and Littlehampton"

I think I'll be getting the 17.23 to Lewes and queue for a Falmer train there.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Is that right? On the Southern site it says:

"In the evening peak the 16.57 and 17.42 London Bridge to Littlehampton services will be diverted after Three Bridges to call at Horsham, Arundel and Littlehampton"

I think I'll be getting the 17.23 to Lewes and queue for a Falmer train there.

Says the 17:23 is cancelled on Nat Rail but not sure what to trust on there as not updated

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Says the 17:23 is cancelled on Nat Rail but not sure what to trust on there as not updated

Oh FFS, it didn't say that half-an-hour ago!

EDIT: Still says it's going to Lewes

17:23London Bridge [LBG]
clear.gif
Lewes [LWS]
18:2158m0MoreDetailson the 17:23 service from London Bridge to Lewes

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was going to get in to Brighton for 18.22. Is this going to be enough time to get to the ground or is it likely to be chaos trying to get a Falmer-bound train?

Should be fine theres the 18.32 to eastbourne platform 7 18.40 to seaford platform 8 not been stranded before and we get the 19-10 from brighton on night games

D

Deleted User X18H

Apparently according to a Southern member of staff this is all due to the recent widening of the A23 causing the Wellesbourne to not run it's natural course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here