Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Track and trace - 1901 East Stand?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
My brother has just called me to say he has had the same alert and it’s the only venue he has checked into this week.
East stand harvest lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to check in to get an alert but have been in close enough contact with someone for a period of time.

I had Covid at the start of November. The app notified people I knew, who I had seen in the days leading up to my symptoms developing. Presumably a load of random people who I didn't know as well. But it also notified my neighbours in the downstairs flat because technically they had been in close contact with my by being a few feet away!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There is nothing about the user's account that would flag it as suspicious, trolling or a malicious user, and the email address is from a local Sussex-based company.

Further [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]'s verification of knowing him further solidifies my belief that this is a genuine Albion fan, with a genuine tale.

Ok fair enough [emoji106]

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Hi guys sorry if some people thought I was trolling ( don’t no what that means ) but was pretty scared when I received the alert , has to be from the football match as it’s the only track and trace I have signed into my son downloaded the app for me before we went he also received a alert and another lad I phoned up who was there got one as well so I was just interested if this was something everybody got who signed in not blaming the Albion thought there precautions was very good up the stairs one at a time temperature check into lounge shown to your table which was your table for the whole night kept mask on all night don’t think they could have done anymore anyways I,ll be free to leave house on 20th December it’s being a funny year good luck all stay healthy .

Apologies,I did wonder if it was a hoax too but now I see it's not.
Hope you will be ok and thanks for posting,this is quite useful information.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi guys sorry if some people thought I was trolling ( don’t no what that means ) but was pretty scared when I received the alert , has to be from the football match as it’s the only track and trace I have signed into my son downloaded the app for me before we went he also received a alert and another lad I phoned up who was there got one as well so I was just interested if this was something everybody got who signed in not blaming the Albion thought there precautions was very good up the stairs one at a time temperature check into lounge shown to your table which was your table for the whole night kept mask on all night don’t think they could have done anymore anyways I,ll be free to leave house on 20th December it’s being a funny year good luck all stay healthy .

It’s not just places you sign into though. If your app is installed and active any person you “encounter” who has, or subsequently, tested positive will trigger an alert. The app I have only tells me how many days ago the encounter was, so I’m not really able to work out where it happened if I have been out and about. I share your pain though, as mine went red a number of weeks ago so I had to isolate until I tested negative.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Why were you contacted and asked to isolate?

You were within 2m, for more than 15 min, of someone who has had a positive test and said 'OK' for others to be notified - you may have been in contact up to 2 days before they were symptomatic. They may not even had known that they had the virus when they passed it on.

Genuinely sorry that you have been in proximity / now need to isolate - but at least you are massively reducing the chances of passing it on to others.

"When someone develops symptoms related to Coronavirus, they are asked when these symptoms first appeared and asked to request a test through the app. If they test positive, they are asked whether the app can notify other app users they may have passed the virus on to.

The algorithm uses the date of symptom onset to calculate who they are most likely to have infected. The algorithm looks at the daily risk for every app user who they came into contact with from 2 days before symptoms first appeared, up to a maximum of 10 days after symptoms first appeared.

If an app user’s risk score on any of these days crosses the risk threshold it is identified as high-risk and they will be notified and directed to further guidance.

For the purposes of contact tracing, a high-risk encounter is classed as one where an individual has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus for at least 15 minutes. The risk threshold for the app has been set to identify high-risk encounters based on this principle along with infectiousness (of the individual testing positive) on the day of the encounter; balancing the need to slow the rate of infection by identifying high-risk encounters whilst mitigating the risk that those at lower risk may be notified to self-isolate.
"

https://covid19.nhs.uk/risk-scoring-algorithm.html

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How do we know they were waiting for a result?

I’m pretty sure track and trace would contact people and say ‘you came into contact with someone who tested positive on such and such a date whose result was confirmed on this date’. It’s a conversation with the operator to fully establish your contact and whether you need to isolate or not, how you’re feeling etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If this is true, they went and were waiting on a test result, they’re potentially going to be in a lot of trouble both from the authorities and the club.

I can't remember but I suspect the wording of the declaration we had to complete 24 hours before KO covers this and potential sanctions at least to some degree.........................if true (don't know how the tweeter would know) then should be a very long ban incoming. Incredibly selfish behaviour.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't remember but I suspect the wording of the declaration we had to complete 24 hours before KO covers this and potential sanctions at least to some degree.........................if true (don't know how the tweeter would know) then should be a very long ban incoming. Incredibly selfish behaviour.

More to the point, are club now proactively contacting everybody who was in that lounge that day, whether they had a tracing app loaded or whether they didn't?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Would you have to self isolate if you had the NHS app and this wasn't telling you to self isolate, despite being in the lounge and getting the call telling you to do so?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought the app being installed and switched on was part of the terms of entry conditions?
I'm not 100percent sure on that though

No, this is not a requirement, it was raised at the last Video Forum with PB.

For the test event against Chelsea, the conditions stated that when the app became available it would be necessary to download and use to gain entry,
However ahead of the first ballot, the club communication just asked for up to date contact details.

At the Forum a question was asked if the use of the app was still compulsory given since its release it has been seen to be not the silver bullet as first announced, given that it doesn't work in older mobiles and not everyone has an up to date smart phone. Also its use is not compulsory at other locations.

PB confirmed that the use of the app was not compulsory, although QR posters would be available to use for those that are using the app.

My brother has just called me to say he has had the same alert and it’s the only venue he has checked into this week.
East stand harvest lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised that the East Stand loungers weren't as distanced as the rest of us, there seemed only a one seat gap between them all? Was my eyes playing tricks?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
No, this is not a requirement, it was raised at the last Video Forum with PB.

For the test event against Chelsea, the conditions stated that when the app became available it would be necessary to download and use to gain entry,
However ahead of the first ballot, the club communication just asked for up to date contact details.

At the Forum a question was asked if the use of the app was still compulsory given since its release it has been seen to be not the silver bullet as first announced, given that it doesn't work in older mobiles and not everyone has an up to date smart phone. Also its use is not compulsory at other locations.

PB confirmed that the use of the app was not compulsory, although QR posters would be available to use for those that are using the app.

Ahhh ok,that's good to know.
Thanks for replying as this is something I have been worrying about if I get selected for a game.
Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here