[Albion] Track and trace - 1901 East Stand?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
My gut feeling is they have been in contact with someone elsewhere if he is genuine. I definitely have not been contacted and was in same lounge Monday.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
On a similar theme :

I got half a dozen calls from Track & Trace 6 weeks ago saying I had been in close contact with someone who tested positive in a Newcastle pub.

The fact I haven't been to Newcastle for 3 years did seem to confuse them. They said "you are Mr Ian Carter aren't you" and I said NO. My name is Andy .....and I haven't been outside of Sussex this year!

It appears someone entering the pub in Newcastle had made up a random phone number and it just happened to match mine! Fortunately because on the very night I had been out to a pub in Shoreham and scanned in with the Q code, they realised I couldn't be in two places at opposite ends of the country at the same time and I was told I didn't have to isolate.

Not surprised this happens though as when I've been in pubs and seen the 'sign in' books I've seen numerous Mr Smiths listed and even Lionel Messi was apparently in the Waterside a few weeks ago!

A couple of months back the landlord of my local had COVID. Because he was upstairs in bed, anyone who went in the pub got an alert. The system is far from perfect!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So getting a track and test alert today means the individual might have been test on Monday or Tuesday at the latest - if that is true why the hell were they going to the Amex either just after or just before being tested

Edit: actually I'll wind my neck back in as they may be a key worker who is asymptomatic and regularly tested

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is nothing about the user's account that would flag it as suspicious, trolling or a malicious user, and the email address is from a local Sussex-based company.

Further [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]'s verification of knowing him further solidifies my belief that this is a genuine Albion fan, with a genuine tale.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There is nothing about the user's account that would flag it as suspicious, trolling or a malicious user, and the email address is from a local Sussex-based company.

Further [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]'s verification of knowing him further solidifies my belief that this is a genuine Albion fan, with a genuine tale.

Also nothing in his post that indicates trolling.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
My brother has just called me to say he has had the same alert and it’s the only venue he has checked into this week.
East stand harvest lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can anybody tell me if they have received a high alert warning from track and trace telling you to self isolate went to football Monday sun harvest lounge east stand signed in now have to isolate for 14 days from Monday phoned a couple of people they also got the message think there was approx 300 people there so not a great start to the new regulations .

I was in there but haven't received an alert. I checked in with the NHS app.

Previously I was alerted on the app about a month ago without a clue where from.

ALF

Sep 1, 2011
Hi guys sorry if some people thought I was trolling ( don’t no what that means ) but was pretty scared when I received the alert , has to be from the football match as it’s the only track and trace I have signed into my son downloaded the app for me before we went he also received a alert and another lad I phoned up who was there got one as well so I was just interested if this was something everybody got who signed in not blaming the Albion thought there precautions was very good up the stairs one at a time temperature check into lounge shown to your table which was your table for the whole night kept mask on all night don’t think they could have done anymore anyways I,ll be free to leave house on 20th December it’s being a funny year good luck all stay healthy .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Asuuming this alert followed time spent close to someone at the Amex who later tested positive, I wonder how 'track and trace' will work in this instance, if at all?

Will everyone who checked into the same area be told to self isolate; presumably as that's the whole point of signing in, isn't it? But what if you have the App but haven't received an automatic alert?

Bit of a can of worms!

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
Only takes one person to pass it on. They could have contracted it earlier in the day and when asked where they had been, declined to say the truth except in the evening they went to the football match...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports