Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour de blabla

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Like footballers don't collide on a two acre field, Cav didn't roll around holding his head, argue with the commisare, throw his handbag at Gerrans and then ride around in huff. Footballers have so much to learn from the discipline of pro cyclists and as a bonus most can speak more than one language and are able to hold an intelligent conversation. Have you ever ridden Ventoux, Alpe d Huez or even Ditchling Beacon? Hmmm Lua Lua rolling around on the ground feigning injury having been blown over by the opponent when we're 0-1 down, WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT!!!

The cyclists don't feel it. All them drugs mask the pain.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I made the mistake of going to a friends house in Ashdown forest to watch the tour when it came through Sussex. Wow, A few dozen dull advertising vans and then 30 seconds as the peloton came through and then a few dozen support vehicles.
I am not sure what I expected, but I have never ever been to a school/village fete as boring as that.

I am sure the riders are extremely fit, but as a spectator sport it is utter unadulterated poo.

JoshFanner

Jul 22, 2013
You can't compare cycling with football.

Why not? Footballers have been busted for drugs: Adrian Mutu, Abel Xavier are examples. Yes, cycling is more high profile but it happens in football too. Cycling has been corrupted in the past, UCI were bribed to keep their mouths shut about Lance Armstrong. Likewise match-fixing has come out in the press lately, how long has that been going on?
Both sports require extreme levels of fitness. Both can be done by whoever, I have cycled on the road (although it is important to remember cycling is not just a road sport) and have also played football in the road - the cars coming down the would road get p****d at that too.
Both are dangerous and people have died and been seriously injured from both sports.
Both bring enjoyment to those who participate

Who said they cannot be compared?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
[MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

I reckon you should use at Nibble's quote as your signature

Copy his quote and then go to the top of the boards at the right,settings,select then middle left my settings,edit my settings,paste,save done or something like that... good luck..

Having been off the boards and come back i have not laughed so much in years,can some body please help the OP,if they wish too? with his signature issues (to incorporate the [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] bit)........please!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Having been off the boards and come back i have not laughed so much in years,can some body please help the OP,if they wish too? with his signature issues (to incorporate the [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] bit)........please!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Go easy with the Wrong Un - I dropped him on his head when he was a baby:ohmy:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Ahh I'll leave it, its more funny that way!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No----I really did drop him.
Unfortunately the Queen keeps leaving me out of her honours list so just plain SIMMO will do:)

What SIMMO SAYS :cheers:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Only crap drivers who are fat and/or to unfit to do any physical exercise don't consider it a sport.

Oi, I'm a bit fat and unfit, but I consider it a sport, and a great one at that! I don't consider myself a crap driver, so I guess I'm exempt from your accusation :thumbsup:

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
In the list of tedious sporting events you'd have to go a pretty long way to beat The Tour de France. Or indeed all road cycling in particular.

This was brought home to me in 2012 when one of the British cyclists - forget who...Cavendish?? - was moaning he didn't get a medal because the riders in front of him wouldn't slow down and let him catch up. Or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here