[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Grant Schapps on TV just now implied that the overspend and faliure of the HS2 network project is due to increased costs arising from environmental concerns.

It seems the new Tory 3 word slogan should be "f*** the environment".
They stoop lower and lower every day. It will be interesting to see if the war on the green push shifts the polls.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
They stoop lower and lower every day. It will be interesting to see if the war on the green push shifts the polls.
I honestly feel the Conservative Party are driving down a cul-de-sac at high speed (despite it being a 20 zone.). They’ve seen some (relative) success in one by-election, and their “master strategists” have extrapolated from that to make anti-environment more visibly a central plank of their strategy.

I don’t believe that this is the vote winner they think it is, I’m inclined to feel most decent voters of all stripes would rather not see the planet burning, and will do their bit to prevent it. The Conservatives were just fortunate in the by-election coinciding with a local wave of annoyance at the expansion of the ULEZ zone. Six months from now, everyone will have adjusted and forgotten it was ever any different.

We’ll find out at the polls.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I honestly feel the Conservative Party are driving down a cul-de-sac at high speed (despite it being a 20 zone.). They’ve seen some (relative) success in one by-election, and their “master strategists” have extrapolated from that to make anti-environment more visibly a central plank of their strategy.

I don’t believe that this is the vote winner they think it is, I’m inclined to feel most decent voters of all stripes would rather not see the planet burning, and will do their bit to prevent it. The Conservatives were just fortunate in the by-election coinciding with a local wave of annoyance at the expansion of the ULEZ zone. Six months from now, everyone will have adjusted and forgotten it was ever any different.

We’ll find out at the polls.
Let's hope so - but there are worrying signs. Wales going 20mph seems to have enraged the speeding motorists and the non speeding motorists alike. Seen as just another tax. And the ULEZ zone was and is hated.

I see that the attack dog press are now openly blaming eco and green policies for all of our ills. Well, and of course, the immigrants.

Why are there so many stupid people in our country who actually believe this crap? 😨
Maybe there aren't many "decent voters of all stripes". Most don't seem to be able to see beyond tomorrow.

Here are some of today's headlines
Telegraph - Sunak will rip up green rules to build 140,000 new homes.
Express - Rishi to put Labour leader on the spot after public backs Tory shift on Net Zero
Mail - "after seeing sense on net zero"
Sun - Ministers have put local councils on standby for an election in the Spring

Jeez - please can we just kick them out 😨😨

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Home Secretary is commenting on a case which is sub judice. That alone is a sackable or resignation issue.
PS the sub judice rule applies to Nsc too.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Conference coming up.

Expect a cut in inheritance tax (in 2021 3.73% of deaths in UK attracted this ..... source UK Government).

This.will be publicised around Peterlee, Hull Middlesbrough, Blackpool etc as good for hard working familiies as they're not going to be taxed on the proceeds from their parents £150K ex council house as long as they vote the Tories back in. ....and they won't pay meat tax or be required to spend 10s of thousands of pounds on solar panels.

(That Sue Ellen thing is utterly not shocking.)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As an aside, when PMQs is next held, Sunak will have participated 7 times in 5 months.

And across those sessions will have probably talked about Corbyn for about half an hour.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Home Secretary is commenting on a case which is sub judice. That alone is a sackable or resignation issue.
PS the sub judice rule applies to Nsc too.

Government Ministers breaking the law has been standard for a few years now from the very top down :shrug:

Last edited:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
A follow up to my previous post about Anaesthesia Associates in the NHS and how the Tories are using them as part of their process to dismantle the NHS.

https://www.northstandchat.com/thre...ed-was-incoming.391773/page-984#post-10832177

This should be compulsory viewing for everyone going into hospital for surgery - it was produced by Anaesthetists United - a rank and file group within the Royal College of Anaesthetists who are campaigning in opposition to the expansion of the Anaesthesia Associate programme.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A follow up to my previous post about Anaesthesia Associates in the NHS and how the Tories are using them as part of their process to dismantle the NHS.

https://www.northstandchat.com/thre...ed-was-incoming.391773/page-984#post-10832177

This should be compulsory viewing for everyone going into hospital for surgery - it was produced by Anaesthetists United - a rank and file group within the Royal College of Anaesthetists who are campaigning in opposition to the expansion of the Anaesthesia Associate programme.

This doctor explained the situation very well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This evil person wants the UN to change the definition of refugees. Being persecuted for being a woman, or gay is not a reason to claim asylum.
Stay where you are and be married off at 13 to an old man, endure FGM, beaten or be killed because you are gay.
Edited to add the UN's own figure
UNHCR most recently estimated that, by end of 2022, for the first time in recorded history, the number of people forcibly displaced is now 108.4 million, and over 35.3 million refugees.

This is a woman whose own parents, came to Britain for economic reasons, and nothing else. I find this unforgivable.
I cannot honestly believe any Conservative party member backs this, or sadly, maybe I can.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

How much higher is the death rate under anaesthetic for AA's rather than proper anaesthetists?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How much higher is the death rate under anaesthetic for AA's rather than proper anaesthetists?
Facing surgery in the next few months, I don't want to know. I want my anesthetist to be fully qualified and experienced.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This evil person wants the UN to change the definition of refugees. Being persecuted for being a woman, or gay is not a reason to claim asylum.
Stay where you are and be married off at 13 to an old man, endure FGM, beaten or be killed because you are gay.
UNHCR most recently estimated that, by end of 2022, for the first time in recorded history, the number of people forcibly displaced is now 108.4 million, and over 35.3 million refugees.

This is a woman whose own parents, came to Britain for economic reasons, and nothing else. I find this unforgivable.
I cannot honestly believe any Conservative party member backs this, or sadly, maybe I can.

Scum. Pure and simple.
Most members will back this

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
How much higher would be acceptable for the country with the 6th highest GDP and the 22nd largest population?

...yours is a good question though

If it's 0.01% then crack on, get some equipment

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
How much higher would be acceptable?

Try and find out who funds the 'Centre for Policy Studies'

UnHoly moly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Try and find out who funds the 'Centre for Policy Studies'

UnHoly moly.
Like most of the Think Tanks, funding comes out of tax payers’ money. We are being fleeced.
That’s one good thing Thatcher did do. She got rid of most of the ‘quango’, as she called them

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Like most of the Think Tanks, funding comes out of tax payers’ money. We are being fleeced.
That’s one good thing Thatcher did do. She got rid of most of the ‘quango’, as she called them
Hmm, I don't think they are quangos funded by the tax payer. They're most likely funded by Russia, tobacco firms, oil companies, etc, etc. But the truth is that we don't know for sure because they won't tell us and there is no mechanism to force them to

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the UK Home Secretary has been slapped down by the United Nations for racism.

Another high point for our country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports