Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_1361.jpeg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
From the Guardian comments page.

View attachment 166031
In 'Building Schools for the Future', Brown's government had a long term plan to resolve these issues. He was probably the most serious, committed and decent person to have been PM during my lifetime. Voted out, seemingly because he seemed a bit miserable and called a bigoted woman bigoted after she said something bigoted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In 'Building Schools for the Future', Brown's government had a long term plan to resolve these issues. He was probably the most serious, committed and decent person to have been PM during my lifetime. Voted out, seemingly because he seemed a bit miserable and called a bigoted woman bigoted after she said something bigoted.

To be fair he had a number of personality if not moral flaws (all well documented in a number of books) and never really got over not getting the big job in the first place.

Brilliant in a crises though (as the financial crises showed), much better than Blair.

I spent the whole pandemic hoping the Government would bring him in as an advisor. Never going to happen, when the current administration took an ideological spin as they do with everything.

Looks to me that Starmer has been greatly influenced by Brown, less so Blair.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
probably whoever is responsible for maintenance and management of the estate. obvious to blame politicans, just interesting there are many different politicans involved in this matter. they all got it wrong. much is said about budgets, seems to me it's more a prioritisation issue.
You can’t prioritise something if you haven’t got the budget to do it.
both Gove years ago and Sunak as Chancellor cut or completely wiped out budgets/ plans to try and address this.
or do you just get rid of all the teachers just to make sure the buildings are ok?

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Keegan is a fine example of what is wrong with politics. She started out with principals (she even campaigned on the streets against brexit in direct conflict to her party’s orders). She then decided she wanted to further her career and get power and became a yes person to whatever Johnson et al demanded. No longer interested in whats best for her constituents or the country now, only whats best for her career (which will happily take a step backwards at the next GE, even in chichester!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Keegan is a fine example of what is wrong with politics. She started out with principals (she even campaigned on the streets against brexit in direct conflict to her party’s orders). She then decided she wanted to further her career and get power and became a yes person to whatever Johnson et al demanded. No longer interested in whats best for her constituents or the country now, only whats best for her career (which will happily take a step backwards at the next GE, even in chichester!)
Chichester Harbour is full of tish and so is she.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keegan is a fine example of what is wrong with politics. She started out with principals (she even campaigned on the streets against brexit in direct conflict to her party’s orders). She then decided she wanted to further her career and get power and became a yes person to whatever Johnson et al demanded. No longer interested in whats best for her constituents or the country now, only whats best for her career (which will happily take a step backwards at the next GE, even in ca ahichester!)
Keegan started off OK, she isn't a 2019 loon, a toff or a Tufton Street luvy.

But if you join the cabal you get will get contaminated and have to defend the indefensible, wrong party Gillian

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Keegan started off OK, she isn't a 2019 loon, a toff or a Tufton Street luvy.

But if you join the cabal you get will get contaminated and have to defend the indefensible, wrong party Gillian
Keegan has been exposed by a whistleblower.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BTW on this day last year Liz Truss became PM

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think I made it fairly clear before the 2019 election that I thought an almighty clusterf*** was coming if Johnson's cabal was elected as it was the same lot who had constantly lied their way through a referendum 3 years earlier and then undermined their own Government in order to make a power grab.

But their constant daily corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, amoral, egotistical, pompous, narcissistic lies, have actually exceeded even my expectations, and this is long before the various enquiries actually reveal the truth of what went on through the early part of their reign and the Covid crisis:shootself

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think I made it fairly clear before the 2019 election that I thought an almighty clusterf*** was coming if Johnson's cabal was elected as it was the same lot who had constantly lied their way through a referendum 3 years earlier and then undermined their own Government in order to make a power grab.

But their constant daily corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, amoral, egotistical, pompous, narcissistic lies, have actually exceeded even my expectations, and this is long before the various enquiries actually reveal the truth of what went on through the early part of their reign and the Covid crisis:shootself
Rather a one-sided poll but reflects the mood. (97.2 for yes}

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Modern Conservatism is a bust. This is a government that should take decades to regroup from.

My hope is that the likes of Braverman and Anderson are finished, and that the party slowly rebuilds itself into something solid and decent (strong opposition is important)

My fear is that having infiltrated the party, the lunatics are now running that particular asylum, and they’ll double down on the politics of hate and division.

Until I can see the far-right ejected from them, my voting record will be strictly:

Anyone
But
Conservative

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Modern Conservatism is a bust. This is a government that should take decades to regroup from.

My hope is that the likes of Braverman and Anderson are finished, and that the party slowly rebuilds itself into something solid and decent (strong opposition is important)

My fear is that having infiltrated the party, the lunatics are now running that particular asylum, and they’ll double down on the politics of hate and division.

Until I can see the far-right ejected from them, my voting record will be strictly:

Anyone
But
Conservative
If Trump wins in the US the Tories loon fringe will feel enpowered and go full batshit

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As she tried to do yesterday but it got overlooked, today she again tried to blame schools for the crisis.

Her words;

“get off their backsides”

…are not an accident. They will have been carefully chosen to speak to the section of the electorate who believes Britain and Brexit could be Great if the wokey-cokey scum just stopped looking for handouts and did some bloody graft.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As she tried to do yesterday but it got overlooked, today she again tried to blame schools for the crisis.

Her words;

“get off their backsides”

…are not an accident. They will have been carefully chosen to speak to the section of the electorate who believes Britain and Brexit could be Great if the wokey-cokey scum just stopped looking for handouts and did some bloody graft.

How is she going to explain the hospitals, Courts etc who also have RAAC concrete? I suppose she can pass the buck to other government departments.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here