Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I couldn't be arsed to read through 40 pages of what he may or may not have actually done.

As I see it he hasn't been sacked but has not had his contract renewed.If all the reports were true then surely that would be gross misconduct and his contract would have been terminated but that was not the case.

It will be interesting to see what Hammond & May do now.
If they believe that Clarkson has been harshley treated then surely they will follow him out of the door because there will be no end
of television companies out there that would love to replicate top gear with them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I couldn't be arsed to read through 40 pages of what he may or may not have actually done.

As I see it he hasn't been sacked but has not had his contract renewed.If all the reports were true then surely that would be gross misconduct and his contract would have been terminated but that was not the case.

If they believe that Clarkson has been harshley treated then surely they will follow him out of the door because there will be no end
of television companies out there that would love to replicate top gear with them.

I believe that on May's twitter account he has stated the same as Clarkson........formerly with the BBC, expect to see them on Sky or another channel soon.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I believe that Top Gear and the BBC can survive this.

top-gear-hiney.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How on earth do you arrive at that 'theory'? The victim took himself to hospital. That, and the fact that Clarkson reported himself to the management suggests rather strongly that there was an assault. According to the BBC it only stopped following the intervention of a witness. James May also said previously that Clarkson hit the guy. Perhaps all these people are part of a conspiracy to 'get' Clarkson!!!

im not making any theories, im making the observation that what has been reported doesnt quite add up with what one would expect. to be honest i hadnt heard of the hospital visit (the 3-4 reports ive read in the past days havent mentioned this even "allegedly") which sort of makes the point even more, why didnt the victim report it and why has Clarkson got such an easy ride, with his colleges making light of the incident and so on? it just seems unlikly to me that a serious assault with witnesses would go unreported and then the employer just lets them off with a bit of gardening leave until their contract runs down. either the reports are embelished or Clarkson has been let off very lightly.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
im not making any theories, im making the observation that what has been reported doesnt quite add up with what one would expect. to be honest i hadnt heard of the hospital visit (the 3-4 reports ive read in the past days havent mentioned this even "allegedly") which sort of makes the point even more, why didnt the victim report it and why has Clarkson got such an easy ride, with his colleges making light of the incident and so on? it just seems unlikly to me that a serious assault with witnesses would go unreported and then the employer just lets them off with a bit of gardening leave until their contract runs down. either the reports are embelished or Clarkson has been let off very lightly.

Depends what you consider a serious assault. From what has been reported, it seems he only hit him once. However there was apparently a 20 minute period where he hurled abuse and told some who was effectively his junior that he was sacked. With the weight of petrol head opinion against him what individual is going to risk the wrath of idiots if he was seen as the cause of their beloved messiah losing his job. Not renewing the contract is effectively sacking him but not running the risk of any legal action. His contract seems to expire at the end of March and the last series of TG has finished being recorded although whether it get's shown is another matter.

Clarkson is just a bully who keeps getting close to and, on too numerous occasions, crosses the line. Maybe after a long day filming he'd had a few drinks and lost it. But thumping a colleague because a hotel your staying at hasn't got hot food because the chef has gone home is ludicrous.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
How about one to sack the ludicrously named assistant producer who after working for the Beeb for 7 years had the huge task of ordering food for everyone & wasn't capable of this simple but important task.
He is the sole cause of the issue & should be sacked forthwith

Rubbish, the group arrived back at the hotel after the period of serving hot meals had passed but were offered cold food,who does Clarkson think he is,Royalty?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nothing to do with that as the police would be better employed chasing current criminals IMHO.

Just for your information numerous females told me that my pub was the only one they felt happy to meet their partners in rather than wait outside as they felt 100% safe and knew I wouldnt allow them to be hassled by unwanted admirers. Perhaps others should have followed suit.

What a ridiculous opinion to hold. For a start Clarkson is potentially a "current criminal" so the police should be chasing him in your opinion. Also you don't want to see people who used their position of fame and trust to commit a series of hideous sexual attacks on children and young women brought to justice cause it was a while ago now? How far back should the police be allowed to go? A week? A year? A decade?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Top Gear in its present form would never be replicated on a commercial channel, end of.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Reading between the lines James May thinks it was something of nothing, who would go to the hospital for a split lip?

Advised by colleagues .......stitches? ...Who knows ..I'm sure plenty of people would....i would if i felt it necessary etc.

Re May ..he's a good friend isn't he..maybe slightly biased..maybe didnt want to feed the media frenzy...who knows..shrug

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How long till Sky hire the trio that's the question, give it a few weeks. Although as has been mentioned the commercial side of their slagging off could probably be an issue!

The BBC are making a big mistake here IMO, Top Gear is one of its biggest exports, fine him and donate the money to a violence relevant charity and send him on an anger management course.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Reading between the lines James May thinks it was something of nothing, who would go to the hospital for a split lip?

This is the bit i dont get and dont really understand the clarkson defenders. If any of us were verbally abused and then punched at work by our boss or colleagues would we really call it something of nothing? I would expected to be sacked instantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here