Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

too big,too stong,too quick,too good

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
we knew what was coming but we were unable to deal with it fair enough.we showed that we can play a bit but we also showed that we lack power & pace.After conceeding 3 headed goals we had our fair share of possesion but lacked the strenth to push a big strong team backwards.Its fair to say that stoke took their foot off the gas after halftime & let us have the ball but we never looked like we were going to get back in the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We never really wanted it very much, from the management down.

Crawley are currently showing what can be achieved. If you want it bad enough.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus was playing the long game this afternoon , get the distraction out of the way and then concentrate on winning the league.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
İbrahim Tatlıses;3975441 said:
I think things could have been a lot different if we played a full strength side (or even if Casper was picked ahead of Brez)

Don't think that it would have made much difference.brez didn't have a great game but Casper isn't great at crosses either.
If wood had have been fit we may have posed more of a goal threat.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The day a third division side starts to regard the last 16 of the FA Cup as a distraction is the day they should probably have a strong word with themselves.

This, This, and This.

3rd Division clubs are just not in a position to treat the 5th round of the FA cup with such contempt.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
This, This, and This.

3rd Division clubs are just not in a position to treat the 5th round of the FA cup with such contempt.

why arent they As gus said beforethe game no way we were going to win the cup So what with the league postion All in all a good time to go out

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
why arent they As gus said beforethe game no way we were going to win the cup So what with the league postion All in all a good time to go out

Do you know what ? I think if we had played a full strength side we could have won today.

Gus is the manager though, and wants the League more.

Maybe it's a reaction to Leed's wobble last year.

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
Totally agree Macky. We have gone through about 15 years of hell and next year that all changes. We want to be in the Championship and as such this year the FA Cup is nothing more than a distraction. What would you rather have, a place in the next round with a coupke of key players out injured long term or a fully fit team able to focus on the number 1 priority of getting us promotion?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you know what ? I think if we had played a full strength side we could have won today.

Gus is the manager though, and wants the League more.

The manager wants the League more for his personal progression in management beyond the Albion. Fair enough. But its doing the Albion fans a disservice.

If we'd put out a full strength side we'd have made Stoke look like the dinosaurs they are.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
If we'd been better defensively I think we could have won today, too. Three silly goals, one from an Olympic throw-in, but apart from that, Stoke offered very little. Second half was much much better and we deserved a goal. I thought we had a cast iron penalty in second half, waved away by ref who gave very little for the third division side and pretty much all for the Premier League team. Am glad we've not got injuries or cards after this one, back to the league it is.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
He admitted in The Guardian that he expected us to lose, hardly the attitude to go into a big game with.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I don't think its right to say there is a sinister sub-plot here about us not WANTING it. Poyet himself said he wanted a big away following to cheer the lads on, which shows he was taking it seriously. In terms of the team, Brezovan and Elphick have played in the cups for us throughout the season (I was a bit baffled by Batti's inclusion, mind). Watching it on a live stream I just thought we were a bit sloppy today and didn't deal with Stoke as well as we could have done. Brezovan didn't play well and all over the pitch they were a bit sharper and stronger than us.

Stoke are one of those teams who won't get upset by lesser teams too often because they don't give you a thing. They played well, we could have played better. One of those things. It is quite convenient that we can now focus on the league, but again I really don't think that was the intention from the start. People suggesting as much must have been waiting for something to go wrong all season so that they have something to moan about.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The manager wants the League more for his personal progression in management beyond the Albion. Fair enough. But its doing the Albion fans a disservice.

If we'd put out a full strength side we'd have made Stoke look like the dinosaurs they are.

what a load of bollox whata diservice ?? f*** me if you cant see what hes doing

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Secure promotion and we'll be back in round 5 again next year when we really can go full felt at it. Gus is under a huge amount of pressure from Bloom (anything but top 2 would be a disappointment) to secure Championship football next season and whatever we believe, this has affected his team selection.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
what a load of bollox whata diservice ?? f*** me if you cant see what hes doing

I can see he's playing Batti today when the boy has spent the entire season at Withdean jogging up and down past H Block. Tells me all I need to know. Why can't you see that?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I can see he's playing Batti today when the boy has spent the entire season at Withdean jogging up and down past H Block. Tells me all I need to know. Why can't you see that?

Rightly or wrongly he also started him in a HUGE game at Southampton earlier in the season. I didn't agree with the inclusion but Batti starting was not the only reason we lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here