Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

too big,too stong,too quick,too good

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The fact is, our squad players are too small to compete with Premiership teams.

jnrs.gif

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Totally agree Macky. We have gone through about 15 years of hell and next year that all changes. We want to be in the Championship and as such this year the FA Cup is nothing more than a distraction. What would you rather have, a place in the next round with a coupke of key players out injured long term or a fully fit team able to focus on the number 1 priority of getting us promotion?

absolutely.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But Gus made no effort to change the playing style to combat Stoke. This was a clear message that he wasn't setting out to win the game.
Ridiculous comments from Tommy Elphick, that we were going to ' out-football ' them only demonstrated naivety. Fans who travelled up there expecting to win, were delusional at best.
No-one seemed to mention our appalling record at the Britannia and the fact that it was the worst possible draw of all.
Goliath beat up David very easily and its obvious the Management aren't going to lose any sleep over it.

So what do you suggest then? We simply don't have the players to compete with them in the air so we played our way and I for one am proud we stuck to our guns and played some decent football at times although the final ball wasn't quite there yesterday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Totally agree
The mentality of 'concentrate on the league' is a relatively new concept over the whole scheme of things
It has gradually been creeping in since the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd have devalued the League Cup in playing weaker sides and unfortunately this idea has now been filtering throughout the leagues and not just the top clubs
I cannot believe that for a club of our status people are saying 'i'm glad we lost so we can concentrate on the league'
This mentality needs to be got rid quick, we do not want to be seen riding above our station and us as fans should be pigsick when we lose any game
Gus always puts out a side that he thinks will win the game and yesterday was no exception

I don't think that mentality is riding above our station. Surely if people were actually being arrogant, we would say we have a good enough squad to compete in the FA Cup and the league. As it is, we have still got 18 league games to play so a replay or a sixth round game would have added to that even more. The league is the most important thing and while I obviously wanted us to win when at the game, I am not too upset by defeat as we got no injuries or suspensions and didn't get hammered.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
But Gus made no effort to change the playing style to combat Stoke. This was a clear message that he wasn't setting out to win the game.
Ridiculous comments from Tommy Elphick, that we were going to ' out-football ' them only demonstrated naivety. Fans who travelled up there expecting to win, were delusional at best.
No-one seemed to mention our appalling record at the Britannia and the fact that it was the worst possible draw of all.
Goliath beat up David very easily and its obvious the Management aren't going to lose any sleep over it.

Fair points
But Gus's game plan went right out the window after the early goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here