Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Pointless because you don't agree? You make the same point I'm making- look at Hodgson, the most successful English manager in the game, and one of the most respected in world football. He couldn't even coax a single win out of the team at the World Cup. But yes, let's stick Pullis in there, because he's 'worth a shot'.

Remember what an awful manager McClaren was, the way he couldn't even get England to the Euros? Turns out he's actually quite good eh. I really fail to see how someone like Pullis could do a better job for anyone than the likes of Capello, Errikson, Hodgson etc.

I'll admit there's an element of 'give him a go' but he seems to get results where seemingly there are no results to get. I'd just like to see him given a shot.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll admit there's an element of 'give him a go' but he seems to get results where seemingly there are no results to get. I'd just like to see him given a shot.

We've been there before though, and it's never worked! The only way I can see England having any success in the short term is by getting someone who revolutionises the way they play. Dare I say it, someone like Poyet.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Fell through apparently. Sometihng about Forest wanting to pay a minimum of his wages and United wanting them to pay more and no middle ground being found.

If Pullis goes, what do you think will happen coyp?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Honestly, I've got no idea. I suspect in the mean time Keith Millen will take charge and in a months time we'll get in Malky McKay. Zaha will go on loan to West Ham. No idea though.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Alternatively McKay will come in instantly, we'll get Zaha and in 5 or 6 games BFS will get the sack from West Ham and Pulis will take over there. Still have no idea though. I still think in all likelihood though, Parish and Pulis will come to some kind of accord and we will bust the chequebook out to get Cork and Connor Wickham and possibly Zaha as well. Who knows though, one things true though, its never easy being a Palace or Brighton fan. This morning you lot were discussing Hyypia resigning and now Ward has been signed and this morning we were discussing Zaha coming in and now its possible Pulis is resigning. Rollercoaster for both clubs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Other than the Pulis for England rumour isn't that basically exactly what I said? He throws his toys out of the pram to get more cash every window and owners break open the chequebook to keep him?

Reminds me of another non-English manager with a five letter surname beginning with 'P'!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just allowing my brain a rest to recover from a sudden shock of excess boggling!

Perhaps you could give us a list

I suggest you look up what he really spent at Stoke compared to other teams in the top flight. In return Stoke fans got the lowest number of passes per game from any team in the league.

As for a list, well that would be subjective, but for starters Moyes and Martinez achieved far more on far less.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In an ideal world Palace will get an absolute tonking at Arsenal and Pulis will resign during the post match interview.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Alternatively McKay will come in instantly, we'll get Zaha and in 5 or 6 games BFS will get the sack from West Ham and Pulis will take over there. Still have no idea though. I still think in all likelihood though, Parish and Pulis will come to some kind of accord and we will bust the chequebook out to get Cork and Connor Wickham and possibly Zaha as well. Who knows though, one things true though, its never easy being a Palace or Brighton fan. This morning you lot were discussing Hyypia resigning and now Ward has been signed and this morning we were discussing Zaha coming in and now its possible Pulis is resigning. Rollercoaster for both clubs.

Yeah,true, this has really cheered me up tonight, thanks very much

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think Pulis is pretty good at managing his career. I wonder whether the whole argument over transfers is his way of moving on knowing that a second season with Palace with higher expectations may not be a great place to be. He engineers his move now, stating a lack of backing, and takes another role with a better chance of success.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In an ideal world Palace will get an absolute tonking at Arsenal and Pulis will resign during the post match interview.

Even better still getting sacked live on air because he switched his mobile off and didn't see the text message from the Chairman at half time.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Yeah,true, this has really cheered me up tonight, thanks very much

More than welcome. Our clubs seems to offer entertainment on a seasonal basis. Your club melts down after missing out on playoff final each year and ours usually does in October. We've obviously just decided to do it a little earlier this year. Unless maybe we're slipping this one in as a bonus and still plan to do our usual October meltdown as well.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
With Ward signing tonight hopefully, others to come and Pulis going if true, things don't look quite so bad after all. Can't deny he did a great job last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here