Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Even then.

Sami leaves pre crimbo with us in a tragic state in the league. Pulis comes in and we nearly edge the play offs. I'd take that. So would anyone........surely?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Wouldn't he just....But don't say it to loud, he doesn't tick the boxes of many on here.....As in experienced, British and a winner.

If he came I'd risk a stadium ban for encroachment on the pitch to run up and give him a cuddle. Still not even ashamed. In the slightest

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sami leaves pre crimbo with us in a tragic state in the league. Pulis comes in and we nearly edge the play offs. I'd take that. So would anyone........surely?

No lots wouldn't, there is more to this than just winning, for some of us at least. I for one am proud of the fact that we are developing a passing football style with development of top class training facilities and I want us to have a reputation for playing the right way. I don't think I would be alone in that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Appear to be some legs in this rumour - BBC has just reported that Pulis and Parrish haven't had the best of relationships, and are currently in crisis talks.

And, while I know there's no chance he's on his way to us, I'd just like to put on record I'd be quite happy if we got to mid table in the Prem. with a chance of a sniff of Europe through getting the ball quickly up to a 6' 7" centre forward who just kept nodding it in! I believe Zigic is available at the moment, btw....................

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
though your man Parish isnt the sort to be told what to do like that, so i expect he'll call his bluff, and Pulis walks.

this has brightened up the day.

I said Freedman wouldn't leave so clearly my judgement isn't sound but if he does go we've seen in the recent past that we still manage to fall on our feet somehow. Freedman went and we got Holloway and somehow won the playoffs to go up. Holloway went and after a long spell we got in Pulis and finished 11th. If it happens maybe Pepe Guardiola is coming in and we'll get Champions League football. Who knows?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
No lots wouldn't, there is more to this than just winning, for some of us at least. I for one am proud of the fact that we are developing a passing football style with development of top class training facilities and I want us to have a reputation for playing the right way. I don't think I would be alone in that.

Haha.i think the 'style' we are developing is better suited to the lower leagues and our property portfolio is a cash cow for clubs in the upper leagues. If you're proud of that then fair play.

I for one want to see us win games. Pulis would deliver that. Pure and simple.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
:lolol: The guy has won loads.

That depends on your point of view. He took Stoke from Div1 all the way to the prem and kept them there, getting them to a cup final and into Europe, before taking over a club certain for relegation and steering them to mid table...Done well at Pompey and Gillingham....Tell me, what's your idea of a winner???

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I would take Pulis just to piss off the Palace fans. I believe there is also bad blood between him and the Gillingham owner? Another good reason to have him here!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
That depends on your point of view. He took Stoke from Div1 all the way to the prem and kept them there, getting them to a cup final and into Europe, before taking over a club certain for relegation and steering them to mid table...Done well at Pompey and Gillingham....Tell me, what's your idea of a winner???

Well call me old-fashioned but trophies, medals and accolades. No sign in your Pulis resumé really.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

He has a record of going in to clubs that are struggling and working wonders with what he has at his disposal (it's when he decides to spend money and kicks off that he comes unstuck) so an England set up where you have to work with what you're given should suit him perfectly.
Would love to be proved right or wrong.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well call me old-fashioned but trophies, medals and accolades. No sign in your Pulis resume' really.

3 Promotions and a Fa Cup runners up...Tell me who has he managed, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or City???...No Stoke, Palace, Gillingham, Portsmouth, Bournemouth....Call me old fashioned, but you wouldn't know a good manager if he was stood in front of you. Which you clearly don't.

If Parish lets Pulis walk or sacks him he should have his bumps felt.

I really do hate to say it, but Pulis turned them from relegation certs to a very decent team with the same players Holloway had, I have a grudging respect for him, and them for doing that.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
3 Promotions and a Fa Cup runners up...Tell me who has he managed, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or City???...No Stoke, Palace, Gillingham, Portsmouth, Bournemouth....Call me old fashioned, but you wouldn't know a good manager if he was stood in front of you. Which you clearly don't.

Ok, you're old-fashioned. 'Clearly' is quite subjective so I wouldn't push that one. There ARE indeed reasons why the list of clubs is as mundane as you so rightly list and indeed so accurately. Well done. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here