Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom: I put it as a challenge to you to get more songs, get more atmosphere going.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Same boring point I know, but the only chance we have of getting a better atmosphere is if the various groups in the North decide to sing together. It's an unusually small home end, so it's crucial that those who attend sing the same songs. Then you'll get other parts of the ground joining in.

Quite often you see posts on here saying stuff like "the atmosphere was good where I was, we were singing all game" but the truth is we can't always hear you because your clique is smaller than you may realise.

Another boring point: the kids, oldies and casual fans that sit in the East, West and South aren't likely to join in some of the more "ambitious" chants, or the anti-Palace or sweary stuff, so if you want the whole ground rocking it does have to come back to the simpler, more predictable chants - Seagulls, Albion, We Are Brighton etc etc. Some fans seem to think that stuff is beneath them.

image.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Before the Derby away playoff we parked in town near this pub where from midday onwards the singers gathered, got pissed (I assume) but got in the mood - we next saw them next to us and they kept that stand singing. If you liked a sing you knew where to go pre and during the game.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Best atmosphere in the last couple of years was IMO the Reading cup game, loads of people in the North stand standing with their mates.

make the centre two blocks first come first served up allocated seating for those who want to sing?

Bloom made his point last night, it's up to his staff help the fans deliver.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As everyone is so anti a drum, what about a cellist?

Just a thought.

oh sami sami

Sep 2, 2014
Well it is very simple what is needed. We need to think of more chants soon and actually get them into action instead of either the thumbs down and people starting on a different subject. If bloom wants more chants and noise then he will get more noise as he has done do much. He is asking one very small thing from us so let's do it!!!! From now we NEED to think of some chants. I don't see why we can't copy the odd chant from other clubs like the one that all teams sing the "we love you".

My idea is Bruno fantastico Bruno magnifico ole ole ,ole ole. But I do nor know the tune sorry. It sounded absolutely brilliant from the scousers on Sunday. Take it into consideration and it could work. To find it type in on YouTube Liverpool balotelli chant if you would like to.
Uta

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well it is very simple what is needed. We need to think of more chants soon and actually get them into action instead of either the thumbs down and people starting on a different subject. If bloom wants more chants and noise then he will get more noise as he has done do much. He is asking one very small thing from us so let's do it!!!! From now we NEED to think of some chants. I don't see why we can't copy the odd chant from other clubs like the one that all teams sing the "we love you".

My idea is Bruno fantastico Bruno magnifico ole ole ,ole ole. But I do nor know the tune sorry. It sounded absolutely brilliant from the scousers on Sunday. Take it into consideration and it could work. To find it type in on YouTube Liverpool balotelli chant if you would like to.
Uta

Look at post #101.

We love you has been sung before, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

oh sami sami

Sep 2, 2014
Look at post #101.

We love you has been sung before, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

I've never heard it at the amex. It really would get the crowd going but for some reason people say palace sing it we can't, it doesn't matter so do every other club in the league!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've never heard it at the amex. It really would get the crowd going but for some reason people say palace sing it we can't, it doesn't matter so do every other club in the league!

Apart from when we play Palace I wouldn't have a clue what they sing, maybe I have heard us sing it away.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Having given it some thought, the reason it will not happen is because the old bill & the club like to know who is in what seat, generally. Even if you pass your ticket on, you are still kind of responsible isn, I think. So for that reason the club could I imagine, have no part. If however all / most of the fans in the north agreed that it is sit where you want day, then there is feck all they can do about it.

If for example NSC put a sticky banner saying North stand is SIT WHERE YOU WANT FOR BLACKPOOL. Someone then turns up early and puts a couple of posters outside as well just in case anyone does not read NSC. If the vast majority do it, I cannot imagine there will be too many Idiots who would get the hump and want to sit where they usually do. In the interests of an atmosphere . Just a thought, but as you say, won't happen

In fairness I would get the hump if I can't sit where I normally do as I picked that spot from the start and the people around me are all good, it's not sit anywhere you need it's just some decent songs and people to join in with singing them that's the problem.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm brand new to the north this season and I'm mid-point between the two singing groups. It's hard to know who to join in with and most of the people around me aren't exactly vocal, although they do stand up.

I don't have a solution to how we all sing in unison... but I know we need to.

I prefer the 'stand with the singers' ethos at away games and wish I had more knowledge of whether such blatant 'seat squatting' was acceptable in the north. Last thing I want is to get chucked out. Second last thing I want is for the fragmented singing to continue.

I wonder if the club will read this and reorganise to create a 'safe singing' area in the future. I'd be there like a shot. At present, even in the north, the absence of loud, continual singing around me makes for a less enjoyable environment than I'd been hoping for.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Plenty good songs to sing, always ends up with a few good efforts, on to the anti-palace and then drizzles out by about 3-15 if we are not winning.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Need a dude like the one at the Turkish club to come onto the pitch just prior to the match and wind up the atmos.

Or a conductor or two in the North Stand to unify the two sections and get everyone singing

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
IMO there are too many fans in the NS who are there because its the cheapest place to go and are not interested in making noise. The ripple effect when a song is started doesn't move quick enough across the stand so gets lost. I also think we have to many STH's to create a proper atmosphere, by this I mean groups of singers who at away matches can congregate together but at the Amex they cannot so you tend to get the perceived "cliques" who rather than trying to help each other for the common purpose try to compete against each other.

How can this be changed, I don't know, you cannot make the NS sit where you like and safe standing is a pipe dream, those under the police box cannot move to anywhere else because there isn't anywhere and fans behind the goal are not going to move as there seats are much better than those in the corners.

Edit: as you say in your other post a re-jig of the NS is needed but it won't be easy

Basically agree with this. I got the impression originally that the North was going to be used by fans who wanted to sing, not those that wanted to hang on to the coat tails of the actual singers. The whole North needs to sing to get the whole stadium atmosphere started from its natural source.
As said the away fans can create some noise in the south.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here