Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom: I put it as a challenge to you to get more songs, get more atmosphere going.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How about cheerleaders, a bird show, some woo woo songs and goal music?

:lolol: Only joking, that'd be shit.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
There was a singing section at withdean, where all of that group would sing and try to get others singing too. Too bad the withdean had no roof as it could have been rocking. Maybe we can aske the club to trial a singing section at a cup tie to see how it works, and to put a warning on that section, so those who do not wish to join in or don't want alot of swearing and want to watch a game quietly can go to another stand.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It would also help if families with young kids actually sat in the family stand. In the south there are far too many mums who get very upset with the mildest swearing, making people around them uncomfortable. You've taken your kid to the football, if you don't want them to hear 'new' words then go into the family stand or do something else.
Not every song etc needs to include swearing BUT this is football people not a Disney film at the cinema.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Same boring point I know, but the only chance we have of getting a better atmosphere is if the various groups in the North decide to sing together. It's an unusually small home end, so it's crucial that those who attend sing the same songs. Then you'll get other parts of the ground joining in.

Quite often you see posts on here saying stuff like "the atmosphere was good where I was, we were singing all game" but the truth is we can't always hear you because your clique is smaller than you may realise.

Another boring point: the kids, oldies and casual fans that sit in the East, West and South aren't likely to join in some of the more "ambitious" chants, or the anti-Palace or sweary stuff, so if you want the whole ground rocking it does have to come back to the simpler, more predictable chants - Seagulls, Albion, We Are Brighton etc etc. Some fans seem to think that stuff is beneath them.

Great post. Agree entirely.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There was a singing section at withdean, where all of that group would sing and try to get others singing too. Too bad the withdean had no roof as it could have been rocking. Maybe we can aske the club to trial a singing section at a cup tie to see how it works, and to put a warning on that section, so those who do not wish to join in or don't want alot of swearing and want to watch a game quietly can go to another stand.

the Only way forward .....people who want to sing and generally make a racket need to be grouped in one part of the ground and people who want to provide muted applause (one handed so as not to drop their paper , knitting , battenburg) and sit mainly in silence need to be confined to another......lower east + west for mums , kids and oldies ....rest of the ground for racketeers.....imho.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's time to sweep and dust the corridors of the old school/skool gang. Be upstanding, and to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory here we go:

'We hate Nottingham Forest, Chelsea garbage too,
We hate Man United, (building to a crescendo here) but Brighton we love you.'

Can you imagine how peachy a slowed down retro version of that ringing out would sound? No? Yeah, you're probably right. 'Albbiiion, Albiiioon....'

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's time to sweep and dust the corridors of the old school/skool gang. Be upstanding, and to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory here we go:

'We hate Nottingham Forest, Chelsea garbage too,
We hate Man United, (building to a crescendo here) but Brighton we love you.'

Can you imagine how peachy a slowed down retro version of that ringing out would sound? No? Yeah, you're probably right. 'Albbiiion, Albiiioon....'

I preferred an alternative we used to sing in the North Stand at The Goldstone in the 70's

"We hate Crystal Palace , we hate Palace too AND PALACE)
We hate Crystal Palace but BRIGHTON we love you"

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Hit him on the head
Hit him on the head
Hit him on the head with a baseball bat
Oh yeah .oh yeah....

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Followed by. ..
Over there
Over there
And do they smell
Like ****ing hell....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Followed by...

You're going in the sea
you're going in the sea
you're going in
going in the f'kin sea

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Maybe we should go continental....along with our squad.
Have two main players at the front, either side end of the NS with loudhailers......conducting the NS. It would be alot easier for 2 guys to oragnise rather than 100 to sing in unison.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This.... I sit it in the East upper (not known for it's atmos I know) and was warned last season by a steward for shouting too loudly, not swearing but shouting. Shouting too loudly at a football match whatever next!

Don't want to upset the library brigade

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Well it is very simple what is needed. We need to think of more chants soon and actually get them into action instead of either the thumbs down and people starting on a different subject. If bloom wants more chants and noise then he will get more noise as he has done do much. He is asking one very small thing from us so let's do it!!!! From now we NEED to think of some chants. I don't see why we can't copy the odd chant from other clubs like the one that all teams sing the "we love you".

My idea is Bruno fantastico Bruno magnifico ole ole ,ole ole. But I do nor know the tune sorry. It sounded absolutely brilliant from the scousers on Sunday. Take it into consideration and it could work. To find it type in on YouTube Liverpool balotelli chant if you would like to.
Uta

Lets do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9HMPf9RdQ

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
One suggestion I have liked is the 'seagulls' chant when we get a corner, the exact situation where we should be making a noise.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I think we need to move the away fans closer to a more vocal part of the ground as a lot of atmosphere is generated as the fans compete with each other and throw chants back and forth

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I think we need to move the away fans closer to a more vocal part of the ground as a lot of atmosphere is generated as the fans compete with each other and throw chants back and forth

It has, and the answer, from Paul Barber on Wednesday, was no.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Had flash of inspiration about this earlier !
Why not let all the fans who want to sing sit up in the North West Shelf where all the school kids are normally allocated
I realise there are games where the schools etc will be in attendance but so far this season it's been empty
Do it on a first come first serve basis, easy to police for the stewards and it is right up in the corner so should get decent acoustics when everyone up there starts singing etc

Just a thought !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Had flash of inspiration about this earlier !
Why not let all the fans who want to sing sit up in the North West Shelf where all the school kids are normally allocated
I realise there are games where the schools etc will be in attendance but so far this season it's been empty
Do it on a first come first serve basis, easy to police for the stewards and it is right up in the corner so should get decent acoustics when everyone up there starts singing etc

Just a thought !

Not a bad shout as it should link to WSU and maybe get the north stand to harmonise a bit if the chants are started from there. Get the judge in there leading the singing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here