tommy fraser

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
he was captain of the youth team last season, wasn't he? how come he isn't in the frame, surely he's better than carpenter! why doesn't he get a go?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Played at Crawley mate

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
well as fraser was captain of the youth who signed a professional contract, surely he is a wilkins favourite then, any chance wilkins has enough authority to try him out? does anyone know how he played at crawley?

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
Yes, he probably is better than Carpenter - who isn't? But he won't get a go, because Carpenter is one of McGhee's favourites who will never be dropped under any circumstances, while Fraser is a mere youth player. Get him in, I say, but it won't happen.

Sorry mate but Chippy will prove you wrong this season barring injuries he has another season left in him for sure.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Both fraser & Chamberlain looked to have plenty of class about them. I'd expect both to be at least on the bench early in the season, probably against Boston.
The only thing is I only saw them v Crawley & everyone knows friendlies are meaningless unless we loose

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
I don't think so. We don't have many players I would totally write off, but Carpenter is one. Yes, he was a good player for us, but last season was frankly embarassing for him. He's way past it now, I'm afraid.

In most clubs, it's players like Carpenter that help youngsters through their first couple of seasons. Here, it's the other way round. Our experienced players (Carpenter, Mayo, Butters, Oatway) are the ones we need to get shot of, and our young players are the ones we rely on! If only we could sign 2-3 experienced (as in 28 not 34) players, I am sure we would have a great team, as they would blend with Lynch, Hinsh, Henderson, El Abd, Robinson, and the youth teamers to make a class squad.

As it is, our current old plodders will continue to let us down......

I played some of my best football at 34 if he stay fit he will be a major asset to us this year.

Although i do agree we need a mid to late twenties midfielder with him or Hammond.

But i have always thought it essential to have some experience through the spine of the team they hold the whole team together and inspire the youth teamers.

On tommy Fraser what i have seen of him he looked to have a good attitude and potential to be brought into the squad at some time and may well be a natural leader.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fraser was given a 3 year contract was he not, along with gatting and lynch - that shows mr mcghee must rate him. however, whether he drops carpenter is a completely different kettle of fish

Oct 25, 2003
Scotty M said:
fraser was given a 3 year contract was he not, along with gatting and lynch - that shows mr mcghee must rate him. however, whether he drops carpenter is a completely different kettle of fish

to be fair he gave molango a 2 or 3 year contract

so i really don't trust him on his contract length decisions:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:
to be fair he gave molango a 2 or 3 year contract

so i really don't trust him on his contract length decisions:)

i meant it in the sense that if fraser is on the same contract length as those two, who are both clearly very talented, he must good. otherwise, he would of got a shorter deal like the rest of the team

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:
ah right

yeah, you are correct SCOTT

i am ALWAYS correct thomas:)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I agree with the Badg man. Mind you I'm sure we did have a central midfielder who is in his mid-20s but never got a chance to stake his claim. I can't for the life of me remember who that was. Never mind, back to the car crash that is our centre midfield.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Fragmented Badger said:
Yes, he probably is better than Carpenter - who isn't? But he won't get a go, because Carpenter is one of McGhee's favourites who will never be dropped under any circumstances, while Fraser is a mere youth player. Get him in, I say, but it won't happen.

I absolutely agree Tom.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Freddo said:
would a tommy fraser and paul ince central midfield be worth it?

about as likely as i am to sprout wings and fly to scarborough wearing nothing but a dale winton mask

Oct 25, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I agree with the Badg man. Mind you I'm sure we did have a central midfielder who is in his mid-20s but never got a chance to stake his claim. I can't for the life of me remember who that was. Never mind, back to the car crash that is our centre midfield.

he's not even mid 20's is he? wasn't he an u-21 international

mcghee properly raped his career

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:
he's not even mid 20's is he? wasn't he an u-21 international

mcghee properly raped his career

he wasnt even good enough for rotherham though - but then again they do have eugeen bopp on trial:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports