Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed, new striker, signed a three-year deal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting that the club were tracking him pre-Houghton and Houghton also knew about him and has watched him.

Marriage made in heaven, great signing

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
For those moaning, Hemed scored 8 goals in 35 appearances for Almeria in La Liga. Ulloa scored 7 in 34 appearances.... and look how well Ulloa did for us. Yes, Memed might not have the same impact, but he at least deserves a chance before people start complaining.

Calling a spade a spade isn't moaning or complaining. As I said, I hope he does well. Time will tell I guess.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After initially being a tad sceptical, I welcome him to the Albion and hope he has a long and successful future with us.

Better men than me know his quality and what he can bring to the club.....

Jigsaw is coming together now eh....

Starting to get excited...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Two excellent additions in two days, well done to everyone at the club. Nice to get them done early, has certainly lifted my sprits for the new season. What do we reckon, wide player, creative midfielder, CB and poss LB and we will be nicely set, particularly if they are of this standard.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
WTF is going on at my beloved club. We have signed what looks like two CLASS players in as many days and we are not at the end of June yet.

I am genuinely gobsmacked and I can only assume the club are taking the piss out of us fans by recruiting a set of really decent players.

We MUST keep hold of one or two of our HATED players so we will have a chance to BOOOOOOOOOOO them whist watching a team of world beaters.

I'm over the moon knowing that David Burke's laptop was lobbed into a skip after he got the tin tack.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Israeli men, Hallelujah
Israeli men, Amen
They're gonna go out, gonna get themselves set
Absolutely smash the net

getting coat

That's quality; plus a perfect response to the gay chants. I can see it catching on, good effort sir!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Right, we now have a mate for Kayal. A spanking new defender. We need a winger (or two) another defender (maybe 2 if Dunk bu**ers off) possibly a GK. another striker and we are on our way to start our new campaign of footballing terror in the championship hopefully

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah I'm very positive although the club recruitment is always goner bring negativity when you sign a player who scores 1 goal every 4 games.

Virtually same goal scoring ratio this season in the top flight in Spain as that other ex Almeira striker in the top flight in the Prem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After months of being very downbeat about all things Albion, the last 24 hours makes things much more encouraging. Now starting to look forward to the new season, also looking forward to the next signing that nobody had a clue about. No guarantees how we'll do but the intent seems to be to sign players who have played at this level or above, which is a good thing.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Very promising two signings, this guy is what we need, someone who is strong but will also head the ball and score some goals, i would like us to still sign a centre forward, (Bobby Z please) a winger, creative midfielder, another defender and a goalkeeper and near enough done.
But good job so far Brighton very happy. Welcome to Brighton Tomer Hemed your going to love this great city

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Two signings in a week and it's not even July yet. This is not the Brighton I'm used to. At this moment, I don't care if they are rubbish or not - they have time to adapt to CH style and play in the pre-seasons. Getting excited now! :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sheep mentality, at 3pm nobody had heard of him , 2 hours later everybody thinks we've SINGED the Israeli Messi
Very very true, but even as a person who had forgotten he'd heard of him, the fact that he's 'new blood' is the part that's most exciting.

I've heard of:-

Leon Best.
Carlton Cole.
Darren Bent.
et al

I know what the above can (and can't) do, and I know it'll cost.

Tommy comes in with a clean slate, no baggage, and a great opportunity to impress.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here