Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
pevenseagull said:
.....it took 3 years to get a clock

You have to laugh or else you'd cry.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Both OK and I will buy the single. GOSBTS got more of a reaction where I was. I have never been keen on playing music when we score but the ska GOSBTS might work, everyone could bounce up and down and it would totally piss the opposing fans off. That is if we ever score at home again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought Tom Hark was OK....but still preferred the original ( but of course that is not what its about, its about raising funds) GOSBTS was dreadful. Its a bit like having a raggea version of God save The Queen by the Pistols....it just wont work.

Playing The Liquidator was inspired, I watched Wolves vs Charlton one evening and they always start with the liquidator, where is goes da da da da they sing really loudly f*** OFF WEST BROM

Brilliant

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I think one of the problems with the new SBTS is definitely due to the diabolical sound equipment. The places it sounds best are the ones where you can hear the bass and drums (obviously, Tom Hark Preston Park!) One of the most ridiculous of all the ridiculous things about the shithole we have to put up with for our home games - the motivation behind this record in the first place, remember - is the fact that the PA sounds best in the away end. Loads of Burnley were skanking away and the ones I met in the pub thought it was great. Loads of people in the North Stand were bopping too. Over a faint, tinny piece of shit in the South Stand it will sound faint and tinny! That ain't rocket science! I deliberately made it very upbeat. Too upbeat for some maybe? Any Goths out there?

On here, most people don't like it. Out there where all our supporters are, not sure. The tracks haven't been mastered yet, either.

After they are, I shall play Tom Hark again a few times of course, and GOSBTS just once more. Then we'll have a vote on whether you want to hear it sometimes at Withdean - on here and in the Argus. If the majority say no, I promise you'll never hear it again. The ones who like it can skank to it at home!
Incidentally can someone explain to me how you DO a poll on NSC? I've no idea..

The music comments are noted. Between us in Southwick we have
- Liquidator (played yesterday)
- 'Dreaming Of You' by the Coral (ditto)
- Just A Day' by Feeder (will be played soon)
- The Ace Of Spades by Motorhead (if you want it!)
- Anything by Thin Lizzy (got the Greatest Hits album)
Stone Roses 'Made Of Stone' a good idea, but I've only got it on vinyl.
- The excellent Snow Patrol album 'Final Straw' with hits like "Spitting Games' (that'd be a good one)

WHAT is the track from the Kill Bill sound track you want played called?

Attila, undeterred but aiming to please at least most of the people some of the time!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
attila said:
The music comments are noted. - The Ace Of Spades by Motorhead (if you want it!)

Attila, undeterred but aiming to please at least most of the people some of the time!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I'm a fan of your usual punk/ska tracks, but ace of spades is brilliant. I don't usually listen to 'metal' but I had to buy a Motorhead Greatest Hits album a few years ago just for that track.

which brings to mind (I don't know why)
Nice n sleazy - The stranglers

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
attila said:
Ambivalent or what?
So I play the new songs and the reaction around me seem spretty positive. (I'm in a portakabin PA box, I look around, lots of people are bopping away) Nearly everyone I meet on the way to the pub, and in the pub, likes it. But they're the kind of people who like punk/ska/reggae/alternative music anyway. I get home and initial indications from NSC (see other thread) seem to be that the majority think the whole thing is a pile of cack.
So where do we go from here?

if its not to late(i only heard it in the background on s c r as the teams came out for the second half.so i cant really judge)replace it with

do liquidator
do it specials stylee
instead of singing skinhead moonstomp
sing SEAGULL MOONSTOMP

IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE
and maybee we can get some atmos at withdean

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Emerald...by Thin Lizzy

Classic amongst Classics

How abot one for us oldies....

Bobby darrin....By the Sea?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Atilla

I thought the speed/ska version of GOSBTS was fantastic. For a change I was in the north stand on Saturday, and it sounded brilliant. It's much more likely to get people fired up. Please dont listen to the moaning old wankers on here who never want any change. These are the same old boring bastards who moan on about the shape of the new club badge and the shade of blue used in the stripes, blah, blah, blah....:yawn: :yawn:

Also agreeing with the above comments on sound quality, I realised on Saturday there is a huge difference in sound quality between the south and north stands.

I dont think you realise just how tinny and pathetic the PA is in the south stand (sometimes it doesnt work at all). If there is any way of cranking the sound up for us over there without distorting it, it would improve the atmosphere a lot.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I thought the new Sussex-By-The-Sea was pretty cool to be honest, but it should never replace the original.

As for Tom Hark I thought it was ok but will have to give it a few more listens to warm up to it.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

david

Feb 5, 2004
London
I thought Tom Hark sounded good (despite the crap PA). If you're after constructive ways to improve it, how about the chorus being sung by a whole crowd of people? I think it would give it a bit more of a sing-along feel. I know every football record in the world does this (like the truly shite Vindaloo), but then if it helps drive home the message, why not?

Also, I don't know if this has been raised before, but are records that aim to publicise a certain 'political' cause recognised by the charts? Before you say 'What about Band Aid?', that is for a registered charity. It just seems to me that either NSC has hit upon one of the greatest marketing ploys of recent years, or that it isn't allowed. Hence me not recalling any similar songs in the charts.

If it is allowed, and we get a good chart position, I think the implications would be massive. Firstly it would generate huge publicity, with people talking not just about the stadium, but also about the politicisation of the charts etc.
Secondly, you could expect just about every protest organisation to follow suit. Expect to see 'Hi Ho Huntingdon Life Sciences' and 'The Hunt Must go on' in the charts within about two weeks of Tom Hark.

I think a quick check on chart regs is in order by anyone who has access to these kind of things. As I could easily them saying this kind of thing isn't allowed.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
attila said:
[B
The music comments are noted. Between us in Southwick we have

- Just A Day' by Feeder (will be played soon)
[/B]
:clap2: yay

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I am that odd type of Brighton creature who never liked the Pirahnas. Smeggy and the Cheesey bits, Nicky and the Dots and Peter and the Test Tube Babies for me. The original Tom Hark, the one before the Pirahnas is the best.

I like the new GOSBTS though and will buy it anyway as its for the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who gives a shit what it sounds like? The singles chart is filled, every week, with total shite so even if Tom Hark isn't too good (in some people's opinions) it'll be right at home on TOTP. Musical tastes are so different-who's to definitively say what is cack or cracking?

Carry on Attila....we'll all buy it and make you a popstar:cool:

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
I couldn't hear it at all in the South Stand. Don't let the detractors put you off from releasing it - many people will buy several copies. My only plea is to not replace the original GOSBTS when the players run out - play the other one earlier if needs be but don't lose the original. Think Blue Peter, Eastenders, Crossroads etc. Never change the orginal. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here