Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark/Sussex By The Sea

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Couldn't give a rats arse said:
I couldn't hear it at all in the South Stand. Don't let the detractors put you off from releasing it - many people will buy several copies. My only plea is to not replace the original GOSBTS when the players run out - play the other one earlier if needs be but don't lose the original. Think Blue Peter, Eastenders, Crossroads etc. Never change the orginal. :lolol:

Same as that, couldn't hear a thing where I was (God help D Block if there's ever an emergency in that place).

I too say keep the original for the players run-out.
We don't have to change everything associated with the club just for the sake of it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Harold said:
Same as that, couldn't hear a thing where I was (God help D Block if there's ever an emergency in that place).

I too say keep the original for the players run-out.
We don't have to change everything associated with the club just for the sake of it.

I sit in E Block and you're 100% correct-if there was an emergency we wouldn't be aware of what was happening. The only time I get to hear the P.A. system is when I'm having a pee at halftime. All of those half-time events are totally wasted on us 'cos we can't hear a frigging thing.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I am aware from countless comments that the PA system in the South is just dreadful. I shall have another word with the club about this. Whether or not people can hear our musical efforts properly is completely unimportant compared to the safety issues if people can simply not hear announcements in an emergency.

I never had any intention of even suggesting that the new version of GOSBTS
totally replace the original. I wouldn't want that myself. All I am suggesting is that we use it at half time, occasionally, and maybe a snatch after the final whistle WHEN we win! (There's a singalong version too, that might work well then)

Glad most people like Tom Hark. That's the main song and the one that carries the message we want to get across to the mainstream media big style.

I really do think that many of those who aren't keen on GOSBTS now now may well enjoy our version on a decent home/car stereo..

Lost in London: go to the sticky thread 'Tom Hark/Sussex By The Sea' All will be revealed.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I thought the new GOSBTS was excellent , ( I originaly thought it was the old version played at the wrong speed ). If we ever allow music to be played after scoring a goal that would have to be it !

Never really liked Tom Hark or the Piranhas, but I'll be buying a copy.

I presume the ' Kill Bill ' vol.1 soundtrack track you're talking about is "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" - Tomoyasu Hotei, as used at the Millenium Stadium for the play-off final.

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
I thought the new version of Tom Hark was fantastic.

The new version of SBTS was far too fast for my liking. We already sing it too fast and the new version sounded like a cheap version of Benny Hill. By far the best version of SBTS I have heard is the 1 that is played at Albion reserve matches (or at least used to be).

Still - lets hit the top 20 :)

Ready To Go by Republica takes some beating in the buildup to the teams running out but SBTS must always remain the music the players emerge to.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here