Apr 19, 2011
:love::love:and disintergrated in the wash

but looking at that I think I have just made a mess downstairs:eek::bowdown:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:love::love:and disintergrated in the wash

Odd, as I have all 3 permutations of the Bukta home shirt, and they are all structurally totally sound, in fact they are all in excellent condition, very little signs of wear.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Ah Phil. Mine went west in the wash many years ago. manufacturers badge and club badge both disintergrated, and the material made it utterly unwearable on afootball pitch for more than 2 minute.

BUT THIS ONE......................................

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Ah Phil. Mine went west in the wash many years ago. manufacturers badge and club badge both disintergrated, and the material made it utterly unwearable on afootball pitch for more than 2 minute.

Makes you wonder doesn't it, I have a matchworn one, and it's exactly the same material, albeit with short sleeves. They must have worn vests underneath their shirts back in them days.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Makes you wonder doesn't it, I have a matchworn one, and it's exactly the same material, albeit with short sleeves. They must have worn vests underneath their shirts back in them days.

Typical.. Southern softies the lot of tfhem - PAH!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The match worn ones had the badge and bukta logotype embroidered whereas the replica kits had those printed on. The colour of the logotype and badge on the replica kits wore off on many I have seen.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh yeah, and I'm so excited by this turn up. Phil, could you please ask that they don't put that extra white ring on the badge as that is not on the original shirt?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The match worn ones had the badge and bukta logotype embroidered whereas the replica kits had those printed on. The colour of the logotype and badge on the replica kits wore off on many I have seen.

The matchworn one I have has a printed Bukta logotype, and an embroidered badge, perhaps there were 2 types of player spec shirt, as there were 2 types of replicas.

I shall forward the suggestions made here about white rings, short sleeves etc. .

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
This is what you need - and indeed what I shall be sporting tonight at Worthing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343841645.775197.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This is what you need - and indeed what I shall be sporting tonight at Worthing

View attachment 33622

never wore anything resembling that tho. pre 1976 we didn't wear a badge as such. sometimes we had the city crest, sometimes a printed BHAFC in capitals, but mostly no badge

th

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes, the collar is wrong too, but it is a prototype, so fingers crossed they'll iron out the glitches.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The collar on the prototype would be correct for 1977/78. See:
lawrenson.jpg

It is in 1978/79 and 1979/80 that the panel under the collar is no longer filled in.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Just to compare with orginal

The collar on the prototype would be correct for 1977/78.

It is in 1978/79 and 1979/80 that the panel under the collar is no longer filled in.

Here is their new Blyth Spartans version, with a more suitable collar for ours?

547843_329467507144608_1133201099_n.jpg

As I do speak to them quite often, should I put it to them that this collar (in blue of course) be the prefered one for the Brighton version?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Here is their new Blyth Spartans version, with a more suitable collar for ours?

As I do speak to them quite often, should I put it to them that this collar (in blue of course) be the prefered one for the Brighton version?

An open collar just doesn't look right Brighton-wise to me.
But to wear, I'd prefer it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
An open collar just doesn't look right Brighton-wise to me.
But to wear, I'd prefer it.

The open collar was what most of the Brighton Bukta shirts had, the versions I have are all that way, until Goldstone Rapper pointed it out I hadn't seen it with a closed collar. badcollector :down:

football_shirt_16539_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_16540_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_26713_1_0x80x0.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would be lovely if Toffs manage to get the Eurostile font for the badge, rather than what they currently use. This is the badge with Eurostile:

badge.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
It would be lovely if Toffs manage to get the Eurostile font for the badge, rather than what they currently use.

Trouble is, when embroidered, it is pretty much impossible to embroider that font at that size, see below actual badge on match worn Bukta shirt

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-football-shirt-1977-1980-s_26713_2.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
True. Thanks for that close-up, Phil.

With Toffs, if the prototype is anything to go by, it looks like they're going to do a stick-on badge which allows them to get more detail into the font. The replica shirt, which had the stick-on adhesive for the badge, had Eurostile, although the spacing between the letters doesn't do it justice IMO.

IMG_0463.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here