TODAY - handing out leaflets, who's up for it??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
That's bad shit mate, hope your grandma aint too bad, if you're gonna be at falmer on Saturday we'll have a drink to her (hopefully) good health and the memory of my nan...

BenElton'sBrother said:
It always comes as a bit of a shock when something like that happens, even though she was a week short of 80 and had suffered three strokes. Hasn't hit me too hard at the moment although having said that I am feeling quite emotional just thinking about whats going to happen tomorrow.

I guess it'll be even worse tomorrow, but its a family thing and everyone will be there for everyone else, and hell, I'm not the first person this has happened to, I'll be cool :cry:

My Nan died a few years ago now, aged 82, after suffering several strokes over a period of time. After each stroke she would get gradually worse (losing use of her left side, up to going blind). In the end it was a relief for everyone when she passed away, most of all her.

Of course it's upsetting. Nobody likes losing a loved one and I still miss her deeply. But I have memories of an amazing woman and I'll always have those. Now and again I get sad but then I'll think of something about her and I'll smile.

It's hard at first but it does get easier. Once the initial grief has passed you'll be able to remember her as the person that she was for most of the time you knew her, and that's a really nice thing to have.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Safeway said:
My Nan died a few years ago now, aged 82, after suffering several strokes over a period of time. After each stroke she would get gradually worse (losing use of her left side, up to going blind). In the end it was a relief for everyone when she passed away, most of all her.

Of course it's upsetting. Nobody likes losing a loved one and I still miss her deeply. But I have memories of an amazing woman and I'll always have those. Now and again I get sad but then I'll think of something about her and I'll smile.

It's hard at first but it does get easier. Once the initial grief has passed you'll be able to remember her as the person that she was for most of the time you knew her, and that's a really nice thing to have.

So true, wise words indeed, as opposed to the chicken and mushroom burger at Luton! and of course you are quite right...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
yeah i feel for ya...but thats not the point of my post(no disrespect)
right,last friday my dads mate trev(guy who works for the club)said that if we did it again we should contact them if there was anything we needed
i cant be there 2mora as i shall be heading for grimsby but as i know trev(hes a nice guy)how about someone goes into the club offices(tower point,north road)and asks if we can borrow that banner from the wycombe sit-in? they may not have it there i appreciate but if not,they may have something similar or equally eye-catching and if nothing else they can at least provide a table!!!
i know the club shop is closer but think the offices may be more useful
personally,i think famous grouse or biscuit should do it(FG...lol...walks past their on his way from london road and biscuit is the organiser:hero of this so y'know)
well anyway its up to you lot but its just an idea
best of luck,sorry i cant be there as it was fantastic fun last week!:nono: :falmer: :falmerspi

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Safeway said:
Oh dear. Have we met?!

Once or twice, I was talking to you waiting for the pisser at half time at Luton (sounds bad I know but really isn't) and I think we have a mutual friend in jailbird :lolol:

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Safeway said:
Aaaah, the Yorkshireman! I know you, you've been going to games for YEARS!!

Small world, innit. :lolol:

Aint it just! well my alarms set for five hours time I'm off to bed, see ya on Saturday:falmerspi :drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
shall we sticky this thread today as I'll be taking my camera phone and I expect other people will be reporting back

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If there's anyone going down to Churchill Square who has access to a copier, it'd be great if they could print off some copies of the new leaflet from

HERE

and distribute them. I'll be along soon and will get more printed in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports