Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To those that want Mickey out...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Honestly, would you give him more time if he didn't walk away to play second fiddle at Leicester? I mean if he left because of family or health issues, or because he was offered the England job or some sort of higher calling that we'd all accept as a reason for leaving us.

How much of you wanting him out now is down to a feeling of betrayal because he left us when we were heading for the Championship so he could be number two at a club that was also heading for the championship?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We have played poorly, but we've also played fantastically. We have had terrible performance, matches where we wonder if the players are even trying, but we've also had the players give their all and show their desire and ability. So the few bad performances alone can't be why people are calling for him to go.

He was given time to build a team last time around, the fans weren't calling for him to go then, were they? He didn't start tearing up the table until his second season.

Is that because of the betrayal? Is it because we were so close last year, whereas the year before he joined us last time we weren't exactly going anywhere?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We have played poorly, but we've also played fantastically. We have had terrible performance, matches where we wonder if the players are even trying, but we've also had the players give their all and show their desire and ability. So the few bad performances alone can't be why people are calling for him to go.

He was given time to build a team last time around, the fans weren't calling for him to go then, were they? He didn't start tearing up the table until his second season.

Is that because of the betrayal? Is it because we were so close last year, whereas the year before he joined us last time we weren't exactly going anywhere?

He was given time last time because we were shit, in the league below and had not just finished SEVENTH and been promised PROGRESS.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Would there be more people saying things like this if he wasn't here before?

If it was anyone else, then I'd imagine there'd be a number of more people questionning him at the minute.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm not bothered by his original "betrayal" in the slightest. I'm bothered by the fact we sacked a very good young manager last season, despite coming seventh, and we have replaced him with someone who seems to have developed into a long ball merchant with an eerie infatuation for Colin Hawkins and Adam Virgo.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
why do people keep on about him having time last time? we finished 24th,24th and 17th in the 3 seasons before he took over last time we finished 7th last season
if it wasnt mickey anybody else would be under so much pressure at the moment

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
we may have finished 7th last year.. but we were never in any real danger of getting into the playoffs.

And, the football under wilkins was predominantly gash.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
we may have finished 7th last year.. but we were never in any real danger of getting into the playoffs.

And, the football under wilkins was predominantly gash.

Oh FFS this argument of 'well, we were seventh....but.....erm, we were still REALLY SHIT, honest' is starting to wear very thin now. I suppose all you lot were weeping at games and chastising the players and manager when our 'predominantly gash' football kept picking up points at home and away.

It'll be a f***ing miracle if we finish seventh this season but hey ho that'll be fine for some people because of who we have in charge regardless of actual performances on the pitch. Ridiculous.

Oh FFS this argument of 'well, we were seventh....but.....erm, we were still REALLY SHIT, honest' is starting to wear very thin now. I suppose all you lot were weeping at games and chastising the players and manager when our 'predominantly gash' football kept picking up points at home and away.

I suppose shit performances under Wilkins are acceptable but not for any other manager?

Last season we were shit for a lot of the time-we picked up points when we had no right to. I can't remember the number of times I left Withdean wondering how such a shit performance didn't see us on the end of a deserved battering- but it was a considerable number. It seemed to be a regular feature of last season hearing large numbers of fans yelling "Wilkins, do something" or "Sort it out Wilkins". Not just one or two games either. I sit in Block E close to the dugouts and witnessed many heated exchanges between supporters-bought about by the standard of play so I'd say that all was not as rosy last season as you'd like us to believe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At Crewe we played like League 1 champions elect. We beat Man City in the Carling. Significant wins against Leicester & Millwall. 3 games away from Wembley in the JPT , a good chance of progressing to the 3rd round of the FA cup and getting a big club at Withers. These tend to be forgotten when we think of the humiliation of losing to Walsall , Scunny , Leeds & Carlisle , drawing with Hereford etc. We get the results when there are 11 men playing together as a team and when 1 or more doesn't put in the effort it all goes tits up whereas under DW we still played shit and picked up points.

WTF?

Can you please explain to me how that is a BAD thing?

Taken out of context.

Read the original post and my response-don't just select one line.

Here, I've done it for you:

Originally Posted by samparish

I suppose shit performances under Wilkins are acceptable but not for any other manager?

Last season we were shit for a lot of the time-we picked up points when we had no right to. I can't remember the number of times I left Withdean wondering how such a shit performance didn't see us on the end of a deserved battering- but it was a considerable number. It seemed to be a regular feature of last season hearing large numbers of fans yelling "Wilkins, do something" or "Sort it out Wilkins". Not just one or two games either. I sit in Block E close to the dugouts and witnessed many heated exchanges between supporters-bought about by the standard of play so I'd say that all was not as rosy last season as you'd like us to believe.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade

Agree nice one glad to see someone with a level head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here