Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the Twats that Booed at Half Time (Merged *2)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Actually until recently they haven't been "everywhere". At clubs like Liverpool, for example, the fans had always shown great patience in appreciation that it takes time to achieve a good team and that you can't win them all. Was at Anfield several times last season and, even with the team doing so badly, it was noticeable that their fans still didn't get on the players backs but just fell silent instead. They may have grumbled to a mate but didn't feel the need to shout abuse. Unfortunately, as a good piece in the Guardian points out today, even there some fans have now decided that they have to have a go at Hodgson this season regardless..

Sorry, that's simply incorrect. Years back when we beat Liverpool at Anfield, boos rang out from the KOP! and we were at the other end. The ground was 3/4 empty by the time the ref blew the whistle!! It's probably more noticeable within small tin pot crowds like ours.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We managed to scrape a draw with a team from the 8th tier when they had 10 men... I think it warranted some anger.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Sorry, I have missed something here. As far as I am concerned, I am a paying customer. The same principle applies to Brighton and Hove Albion as it does to any other act of consumption I make. Gus Poyet is an employee of the organisation which is offering me a service. I am entitled to express my dissatisfaction. Brighton and Hove Albion has a huge advantage over any other organisation from which I make purchases; it is a monopoly provider. Snr Poyet should recognise that. I notice he hasn't yet said anything to the effect of "we didn't deserve to be applauded off today/this evening, as our performance was distinctly average".

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Sorry, I have missed something here. As far as I am concerned, I am a paying customer. The same principle applies to Brighton and Hove Albion as it does to any other act of consumption I make. Gus Poyet is an employee of the organisation which is offering me a service. I am entitled to express my dissatisfaction. Brighton and Hove Albion has a huge advantage over any other organisation from which I make purchases; it is a monopoly provider. Snr Poyet should recognise that. I notice he hasn't yet said anything to the effect of "we didn't deserve to be applauded off today/this evening, as our performance was distinctly average".

I think the boo-boys need to take a few minutes to think about WHY they are booing...If you get crap service in a restaurant and moan about it, chances are it'll do some good (the message will get through to the manager, and the service will be bucked up, or you might get a few quid knocked off the bill). Booing at a football match generally has completely the reverse effect - it almost always has a negative impact on the players, and they get worse!

If you went along as a neutral yesterday with no particular interest in B&HA, then I can understand being slightly hacked off that you didn't get your money's worth. If you went along as a B&HA fan, then in my view paying £25 (or whatever) absolutely does NOT entitle you to boo. If you think attending a football match as a passionate supporter is in any way akin to a normal consumer purchase, you must new to this game!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think the boo-boys need to take a few minutes to think about WHY they are booing...If you get crap service in a restaurant and moan about it, chances are it'll do some good (the message will get through to the manager, and the service will be bucked up, or you might get a few quid knocked off the bill). Booing at a football match generally has completely the reverse effect - it almost always has a negative impact on the players, and they get worse!

If you went along as a neutral yesterday with no particular interest in B&HA, then I can understand being slightly hacked off that you didn't get your money's worth. If you went along as a B&HA fan, then in my view paying £25 (or whatever) absolutely does NOT entitle you to boo. If you think attending a football match as a passionate supporter is in any way akin to a normal consumer purchase, you must new to this game!

Whilst I would usually agree with you, I think yesterday was a bit different. Personally, I got the impression that the players on the pitch seemed to have no idea of the gravity of the situation as far as the rest of us were concerned, and needed to be told that a) they weren't doing well enough, and b) winning yesterday mattered, at least to the majority of fans. I started to boo at half time, although thought better of it and decided to air some more encouraging comments instead, however I think people on here are completely misunderstanding those that did.

Do I think Poyet is a great manager? Yes
Have I been enjoying this season immensely? Yes
Do I understand that you can't win every game? Yes
Do I think that the majority of our squad are top quality? Yes
Do I think its acceptable for us to be trailing a team several divisions below us at home, looking half-bothered, looking likely to be all over the papers the next day for the wrong reasons and blowing a chance to be in the 3rd round of the FA cup (which is a place my generation have seen us too few times)? NO

I wouldn't have booed at the end when its too late as I am still 100% behind the team, but on occasion the players need to know what the fans think - it doesn't mean that those doing so have turned on them.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I left H block at half time - don't know if I'll be back their at any point this season. It was shocking!

People infront of me: Their's only one Malcom Glazer, one Malcom Glazer
Bunch of 14 year olds behind me: I'm bored, nothing to watch
Front: You dirty Northen Bastards
Behind: Dirty northern bastards, *Very high pitch voice*
Behind: Giggles from his friends,
Front: USA, USA, USA
Behind: Why is nobody singing? (his mate sings) Good old Brighton by the sea.

I think you may well have been standing next to me. Some of the stuff yesterday was embarrassing.

Oh, and yes, I did challenge a couple of people about their actions.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sorry, that's simply incorrect. Years back when we beat Liverpool at Anfield, boos rang out from the KOP! and we were at the other end. The ground was 3/4 empty by the time the ref blew the whistle!! It's probably more noticeable within small tin pot crowds like ours.

It's simply not incorrect. I'm speaking from a lot of recent experience of matches at Anfield..

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I think you may well have been standing next to me. Some of the stuff yesterday was embarrassing.

Oh, and yes, I did challenge a couple of people about their actions.

Good on ya' for challenging them. :thumbsup:

I really could not be arsed with it any more. I felt like weeping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here