Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To date, who is Brighton's greatest manager?

To date, who is Brighton's greatest manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hughton. Every season was a success.
Season 1 - kept us up after being dreadful under Hyypia
Season 2 - one goal away from being promoted automatically with some fantastic football
Season 3 - didn't lose momentum and we won the league. At that level, Knockhart was the most exciting player I havee ever seen in the stripes.
Season 4 - kept us up with some solid performances and great wins (Arseanl and Man Utd)
Season 5 - yes football was poor but he'd run his course by then. It's notoriously hard to stay up a second season too particularly with the lack of attacking options he had (Jose getting injured was a problem and Ali J was well SHIT).

Him getting sacked for Potter was the right call and helped us to move on but I believe his 5 seasons were a better achievement than Gray-ham's 3 plus Potters second season was a horrendous watch for me. So frustrating and his post match nasal teeth sucking dross didn't help.

Gus and Gritt deserve special praise too.
Point of order, mr Chair. We didn’t win the league in Season 3. We imploded and lost out to f%@#£&g Newcastle.

but I still voted Hughton for all the rest.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Just judging since I’ve been going to games, 1983+, probably Hughton for taking the Hyppia abomination and turning us into serious promotion contenders within a year, and ultimately getting us up and keeping us in the Premier League.

Second in that time Micky Adams mark 1 for setting the foundations for actually making the club competitive again after years of utter dross.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Recency bias suggests Potter and RDZ as they have transported this club to undreamt of levels and the football they have produced is of the highest quality. However I am going to sit on the fence with this question as there is no right or wrong answer to it. Each of the managers listed above achieved greatness in my opinion, successfully meeting the challenges they faced at the time, delivering Albion fans terrific memories to cherish for many a year to come.

For me the swashbuckling team of Adams MK1 gave me as much pleasure as the liquid football of RDZ does now. The Poyet and Hughton years are for me etched in stone as the pivotal moment that signalled our maturation into a sustainable top flight side.

I genuinely cannot pick one over the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here