Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To date, who is Brighton's greatest manager?

To date, who is Brighton's greatest manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Barry Lloyd.

Qualifying for the playoffs with a negative goal difference.

No other Brighton manager has achieved that.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Billy Lane - big crowds, lots of goals (including a club record of 112 in one season), led the club to its first promotion and football league championship.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter.

Highest finish in our history with attractive and exciting football.

Yes, he’ll be superseded in a couple of months but let’s give him the title until our final league place and FA Cup fate is known.

Maybe not the best man manager but he is still a tactical genius.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet - the football he had us playing in league 1 with limited players was ridiculous. Shame how it ended but he set the wheels in motion.
Personally I thought Oscar was top quality

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Micky Adams for me. I remember a home game v Plymouth at Withdean, not having been for a couple of years, and it was all suddenly so entertaining, and fun, and we were good. He was Potter before Potter. And I loved Potter.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let's see what happens with De Zerbi. This question is still in discussion.

Mullery or Micky Adams depending on how you measure it.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I voted Potter, probably not the done thing and all that but in my lifetime (edit: in any of our lifetimes) we have never had a more successful league season all while playing fantastic football. That win vs Man United was a special memory.

He left us in fourth place and whilst I think RDZ is fantastic he has profited massively from Potters legacy. RDZ May surpass Potter but he hasn’t yet.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I voted Potter, probably not the done thing and all that but in my lifetime (edit: in any of our lifetimes) we have never had a more successful league season all while playing fantastic football. That win vs Man United was a special memory.

He left us in fourth place and whilst I think RDZ is fantastic he has profited massively from Potters legacy. RDZ May surpass Potter but he hasn’t yet.
Considering we went our longest PL losing streak and didn’t win for 11 straight games how bad was the league last season? Wolves blew up which helped us finish ninth. We only really started picking up results when Caceido came in to the side so was it Potter or Caciedo 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here