Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To date, who is Brighton's greatest manager?

To date, who is Brighton's greatest manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
All of them, plus Peter Taylor (side kick to Clough).
Each one improved on the previous manager but that's not to say the previous was bad.
For instance, Mullery took over from Taylor. Taylor made the club League 1 ready and Mullery took us over the line.
I will forever say that without Gus we'd be a Championship side (although I'd have hoped EPL by now).

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's got no hair and we don't care!

1680191784002.png

Wouldn't be here without him!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only experienced two so far and one of them haven't even been around for a full season, so its a walk-over win for Graham.

Surely the bloke who managed the team for 28 years should be there as an option though?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So nobody did anything of note before1976?

Poor poll - F minus.

However as there is a limited choice - Mullery - although his second spell rather tarnished the gloss of his first. Before him we were just rolling round the lower leagues anonymously. Nobody knew, nobody cared.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Adams mk I (why not seperate???)

Took over a bit of a shambles, steadied the ship, got us promoted and did what was needed to keep us there. :cheers:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Think I'd go for Gritt. I think time will tell on the recent batch. Really entertaining times ATM and if we win something under RDZ it will probably be him. Very honourable mentions for Mullery and Hughton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Impossible to answer for me but the manager who has produced the most exciting football is indubitably RDZ for me, let's see how it plays out long term, I have the feeling we could end up with a Poyetesque finale to his time here.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Great question, think the winner is showing the average age demographics of NSC !,

RDS is fantastic, Mitoma wonderful, but you cant beat a Gerry Ryan run on the old Northstand and the big surge after he scores, nor Gary Williams smashing it 40 yards top corner :)

This team would beat that team, but those were real Halycon days... Still got my badly cut out 1979 Argus promotion charge cutouts in a scrapbook and Mullers is at the birth of the Palace angst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here