Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to do a deal with Chelsea

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
The Sanchez deal is clearly part of a larger deal involving Caicedo. My guess would be £100m for the 2 players.

One thing Boehly has proven is he always get his man.

The interesting thing now will be the Caicedo replacement. Given the extra European games this season the recruitment needs to be on point, with time of the essence.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There has to be a deal on here , even though Colwill has shown his future to be with Chelsea. £90m for Caicedo and we throw in Sanchez , or £80m for one + 10m for Sanchez, view it how you want.
Er? We have a valuation for Caicedo that is widely reported to be on a par with Rice (and probably Fernandez). Sanchez and Colwill will also have Albion valuations. What deal sees Brighton letting two young Internationals go for a discount to Chelsea?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Deal is signed and sealed. Realistically he was never going to move from Chelsea.
Strange, haven't seen an announcement to that effect. Chelsea very keen to announce it was on the table so you think they would be gagging at the bit to announce the signature even before the ink was dry!! How are you enjoying our forum?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Strange, haven't seen an announcement to that effect. Chelsea very keen to announce it was on the table so you think they would be gagging at the bit to announce the signature even before the ink was dry!! How are you enjoying our forum?
It's on the Colwill thread.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There has to be a deal on here , even though Colwill has shown his future to be with Chelsea. £90m for Caicedo and we throw in Sanchez , or £80m for one + 10m for Sanchez, view it how you want.
Are you mad. Caicedo and Sanchez together would be £125m

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not sure how Chelsea can afford Caceido now as they have so many more irons in the transfer fire and they have definitively taken Colwill off the table.

I think time as well as money now comes into play as to whether a Moises deal is struck in this window. So far Chelsea have not been remotely serious in dealing with us properly, all the while dangling bundles of cash in front of Caceido and his agents. If they are to make another offer that should just get on with it and if the number doesn't begin with at least a 9 they should be told where to go. We have a season to prepare for and we should not allow any last minute disruption to those plans.

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
Not sure how Chelsea can afford Caceido now as they have so many more irons in the transfer fire and they have definitively taken Colwill off the table.

Colwill would never have been on the table so I don't think would be a factor. Chelsea have a lot of cash behind them but in terms of FFP Boehly is spreading the transfer expenditure over the lengthy contracts - usually amounting to £10m per year per transfer. Selling academy players like Mount, Loftus-Cheek helps as there's then a nice lump sum on the books. Also shifting the high wage players like Aubameyang and generally reducing the wage bill will have helped. The Saudi transfers will have been a godsend.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
After Caicedo I'd agree. Your club would then not possess anything of value Chelsea would want.
Except European football

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Colwill would never have been on the table so I don't think would be a factor. Chelsea have a lot of cash behind them but in terms of FFP Boehly is spreading the transfer expenditure over the lengthy contracts - usually amounting to £10m per year per transfer. Selling academy players like Mount, Loftus-Cheek helps as there's then a nice lump sum on the books. Also shifting the high wage players like Aubameyang and generally reducing the wage bill will have helped. The Saudi transfers will have been a godsend.
Would have been a factor for us though. it's the cash or nothing for Chelsea now. If you want to stump up the fee then the deal can get done, we've been open as a club and a fanbase about that. Until now Chelsea have yet to offer a fee that will remotely interest us and quite frankly it's a little tedious. As your club continues to throw the money around like confetti you are getting cheap with one of the best DM midfielders in the league. At the end of next season that £100m will look a bargain if you ever pay it.

Moises is on a four deal (+1) he is an integral part of our squad we do not need to sell now, we will if the price is right, but we do not have to.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Theceleryking. Comes across as a clueless idiot on the shed.

There are always options. There is always haggling. A little guile. A spoonful of tenacity and you negotiate. You may not want to negotiate with terrorists, but you can negotiate with Mr.Bloom. Mr. Bloom AKA The Lizard. Lol. We are negotiating with a reptile. I would take my pet Hawk with me to the meetings and feed him little tidbits of lizard chunks throughout the negotiations. Set the scene.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The Saudi transfers absolutely reek of corruption , as you are well aware.

It takes the authorities time to investigate these matters, but as sure as "eggs are eggs" ( see Italian clubs ) your club will be found out and a distinct possibility of extinction given the amount of money involved. I hope you think it will have been worth it at that point.

Blaaaah

Jul 26, 2023
A deal involving Caicedo, Colwill, Sanchez, and about £90 million cash might possibly do the job. The first problem for Chelsea is that they don't want to pay Moises' value. I keep hearing Chelsea fans complain that he's not worth what Brighton want. Which is absolutely fair enough. Solution is to buy another player within your budget. The second problem for Chelsea is that we don't actually want to sell Caicedo. We've never put him up for sale. Chelsea seem to think they can confront any club and demand their players at below the valuation. Moises has a 4 year contract at Brighton. You could try again in summer 2026, when he'll have a year left.
We can afford Caicedo, we just don't think he's worth the money and if Brighton isn't willing to negotiate down from their 100m valuation, fair enough it's their player and they can what they wish. I just hope Chelsea quickly move on tho and stop wasting time because the season starts soon

Colwill was never on the table so he can't be included in any deal. 90m is fair for Caicedo and Sanchez, tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here