Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to do a deal with Chelsea

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In fairness we almost certainly aren't offering our new recruits £3m per year.
Probably more likely it's a contract worth £3m per year, if they progress to the first team.
However we have an incredible track record of developing players who are able to progress their careers at top level football.

The appeal is the pathway, not the wages, or the resale value.
Yes and that progressed to him signing a new contract probably making him a hell lot more.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
My dear friend, I hate to tell you this and it will most definitely come as a shocker, but Chelsea at their very worst and in the gutter, still have 100x the appeal of a Brighton at their very best.

Asking a player if they would trade Brighton for Chelsea, is liking asking a chef if they would trade working at their local chippy for a 5 star restaurant. The answer would be swift and easy
He’s not your dear friend. He’s a real supporter of a proper football team. You wouldn’t even know what that means.
I expect you used to “support” Manchester United and it will be Newcastle next year
God knows why people like you even follow football - can’t you find something better to do with your valuable time.
Pathetic - absolutely pathetic.
Clear off.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I actually had a fairly brief, but sensible, conversation with a genuine UK-based Chelsea fan in Philadelphia the other week.

I had no idea they even existed.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My dear friend, I hate to tell you this and it will most definitely come as a shocker, but Chelsea at their very worst and in the gutter, still have 100x the appeal of a Brighton at their very best.

Asking a player if they would trade Brighton for Chelsea, is liking asking a chef if they would trade working at their local chippy for a 5 star restaurant. The answer would be swift and easy
Ah I get it, you’ve tried to order the prime steak, but only wanted to pay for a chippy tea. No wonder the manager of our 5 star restaurant told you to f*** off.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
He isn't worth 90m either but we're a bit desperate because Winstanely the clown is determined to get his man.

He's an 80m player in my books but it would be acceptable to go to 90 MAX!!
He isn’t worth £90m in YOUR opinion. Which counts for f*** all. It’s solely the value that Tony Bloom attributes to his assets that counts.

Twitter - and now NSC - is seemingly awash with Chelsea fans who aim to pass off their opinion as fact and have an unwavering faith in their own opinions, like a huge experiment to prove the Dunning-Kruger effect is beyond doubt.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, are you from south-west London then ?
I’m actually a bit bored of talking the Albion with other ‘supporters’ now tbh. It’s a shame but it really irks me. I constantly get (when I say I support the Albion) ‘Oh you’ve had a good season’. ‘Oh you’re a good team’. I usually just say ‘we’ll never have a season that good again’. But everything in me what’s to say ‘A good season? It was f***ing stunning. As was the Micky Adams era and the Poyet Champs era or Hughton promotion era were just as stunning but you wouldn’t have a clue about them’. It just grates me we only come on the radar in the prem. I 100% (like many on here) enjoyed any of those seasons I for-mentioned as much, if not more, than last season. That’s not me trying to be a super fan, it’s just absolutely true. Remember that March under Poyet where we won 7 or something - mostly 1-0. Meant probably more than smashing Arsenal at their place or Liverpool at home etc - Those were just as important seasons as last for us, probably more important as we got promoted. The Chelsea ‘fan’ on this thread sums up the premier league and social media access - its pascal GROSS!.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’m actually a bit bored of talking the Albion with other ‘supporters’ now tbh. It’s a shame but it really irks me. I constantly get (when I say I support the Albion) ‘Oh you’ve had a good season’. ‘Oh you’re a good team’. I usually just say ‘we’ll never have a season that good again’. But everything in me what’s to say ‘A good season? It was f***ing stunning. As was the Micky Adams era and the Poyet Champs era or Hughton promotion era were just as stunning but you wouldn’t have a clue about them’. It just grates me we only come on the radar in the prem. I 100% (like many on here) enjoyed any of those seasons I for-mentioned as much, if not more, than last season. That’s not me trying to be a super fan it’s absolutely true. Remember that March under Poyet where we won 7 or something - mostly 1-0. Meant probably more than smashing Arsenal at their place or Liverpool at home etc - Those were just as important seasons as last for us, probably more important as we got promoted. The Chelsea ‘fan’ on this thread sums up the premier league and social media access - its pascal GROSS!.
I have many of these conversations in Australia, often with people who haven't been within a hundred miles of their chosen teams ground. to me these are the half alive fools that Danny Baker referenced years ago. What amuses me is that they fully believe they have this connection (tattoos and all in some cases) to Chelsea, City or Liverpool via them choosing them at some point in their life. My brother in laws brother is a big city fan (suddenly about 10 years ago) and was going off like a frog in a sock about the treble. I could do little else but congratulate him with a wry smirk on my face. I know that he can't feel as good about their treble as I do about Brighton making it into Europe (I will add to that that I know I don't feel as good about it as you lot that go every week. My life choices have removed me a little from all of that). The question is, how do you try to explain that to someone.

This is totally arrogant but people can choose a team and enjoy following them. They can think that they are a true fans but without that proper connection to the community, a knowledge of what it means to ride the ups and downs and in our case what it means to save your club from ruin you cannot know what the whole thing is really about. I say this as someone who sits on the outside looking in these days.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m actually a bit bored of talking the Albion with other ‘supporters’ now tbh. It’s a shame but it really irks me. I constantly get (when I say I support the Albion) ‘Oh you’ve had a good season’. ‘Oh you’re a good team’. I usually just say ‘we’ll never have a season that good again’. But everything in me what’s to say ‘A good season? It was f***ing stunning. As was the Micky Adams era and the Poyet Champs era or Hughton promotion era were just as stunning but you wouldn’t have a clue about them’. It just grates me we only come on the radar in the prem. I 100% (like many on here) enjoyed any of those seasons I for-mentioned as much, if not more, than last season. That’s not me trying to be a super fan it’s absolutely true. Remember that March under Poyet where we won 7 or something - mostly 1-0. Meant probably more than smashing Arsenal at their place or Liverpool at home etc - Those were just as important seasons as last for us, probably more important as we got promoted. The Chelsea ‘fan’ on this thread sums up the premier league and social media access - its pascal GROSS!.
I agree completely about the patronising ‘you’ve had a good season’ and for the reasons you mention. What they mean is they’ve noticed us. For me though it only grates when they are plastics who would never support a team outside the PL, eg the knobhead on this thread. He is an embarrassment to Chelsea and their actual support. I have had ‘you’ve had a good season’ from actual football supporters. They mean it. A good recent example being an Everton fan who told me he remembered seeing Bobby Smith play for us at Prenton Park (he couldn’t remember the name but we pieced it together). He also talks about Peter Ward whenever I see him. I do understand though when actual fans only pay attention to the division their team is in. I do the same to a degree. The difference with the plastics is that we would support our team in any division. I think that having proper fans of other clubs on here is generally a positive (maybe Leeds being the exception) but the plastics need filtering out because their views are irrelevant.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He isn't worth 90m either but we're a bit desperate because Winstanely the clown is determined to get his man.

He's an 80m player in my books but it would be acceptable to go to 90 MAX!!
Hang on you were just saying Winstanley would have been competent in dealing with Cucurella, but within minutes he’s a clown? What is it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You can't.

Fans of other clubs will have no idea what this feels like to be a Brighton fan, so why care? We are on our own journey

Yery true and very wise. But I enjoy talking about football but feel like I am talking a different language. I guess the different journeys intersect less than one might think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here