Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unlike a lot of NSC members and 7 billion other humans, he wasnt perfect and it is very important that we make a big thing about it.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Flapped at a cross but could do nothing about the goals. Was let down by pretty awful defending unfortunately.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed. Let down by senior players in defence. Hope Potter doesn’t use one flap as an excuse to bring Ryan back.

The score today with Ryan in goal, would have been 2-2.
The score today with me in goal, would have been 2-2.
The score today with an asthmatic ant carrying heavy bags of shopping, in goal, would have been 2-2.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Robbie's run of games at the moment is him convincing the hierarchy that they don;t need to go and buy a £15 to £20m goalie in January.

Sheff Utd, he had a great game. Far less convincing today. Looked to have a 15 minute collapse of confidence in the second half.

It's not unusual for someone with his age and experience to have these sort of ups and downs.....but we can't afford to muck about

I think it's likely we'll buy someone next month

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Can't blame him for the goals.
He is a youngster but even today there are signs of his quality.
He will be a top keeper soon and another one to add to the list of players big money clubs want to buy off us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will be a top keeper soon and another one to add to the list of players big money clubs want to buy off us.

I've go to ask:-

On what are you basing that?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Reckon he could/should have come for the ball on the corner. Needs to build the confidence to dominate his 6 yard box, even if it does mean smashing into his captain to either claim or get a strong punch away.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I've go to ask:-

On what are you basing that?

His physical presence and glimpses of excellent fast twitch muscle ability which mean he is very athletic for a giant.the dive to try and stop the first goal is a good example even after running round the crowd of players on the floor in front of him.
He reminds me of bissouma when he arrived, in that I can see the natural physical ability ,he just needs a bit of coaching and game experience to become a top player.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Reckon he could/should have come for the ball on the corner. Needs to build the confidence to dominate his 6 yard box, even if it does mean smashing into his captain to either claim or get a strong punch away.

Yes,I agree.i nearly put this in my original comment.
This is what I meant by him being a youngster also maybe not quite used to his team mates but I'm sure he will have learned today he can't always rely on his defenders because sometimes they are crap so needs to be a more dominant and take the responsibility himself.
I think he will be a fantastic keeper.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our defenders need to get used to having a GK who can and does come and collect crosses. Then have the confidence to keep out of his way! I think for instance that if Dunk didn't try to do whatever it was he was trying to do Sanchez would have claimed that cross that lead to their second goal today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His physical presence and glimpses of excellent fast twitch muscle ability which mean he is very athletic for a giant.the dive to try and stop the first goal is a good example even after running round the crowd of players on the floor in front of him.
He reminds me of bissouma when he arrived, in that I can see the natural physical ability ,he just needs a bit of coaching and game experience to become a top player.

That all seems a bit airy-fairy.

I was very taken by Leeds' 20 year old keeper in their shoot out v Everton.
His stats for today are equally impressive, although I didn't see that game, so it wouldn't be fair to comment further.

Sanchez has been the very epitome of an Albion keeper.
An excellent save, no chance with the goals conceded and through no fault of his own, not much else.

His long kicks are currently very poor, I remember 1 quality kick to March, but beyond that he wasn't even close to a blue shirt.

Fingers crossed it falls into place for him
But I certainly haven't seen anything from him yet (ridiculously early to say either way, hence my challenge) to suggest a top 6 (even top 10) will come a knocking.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

His stats for today are equally impressive, although I didn't see that game, so it wouldn't be fair to comment further.

An excellent save, no chance with the goals conceded and through no fault of his own, not much else.

His long kicks are currently very poor, I remember 1 quality kick to March, but beyond that he wasn't even close to a blue shirt.

But I certainly haven't seen anything from him yet (ridiculously early to say either way, hence my challenge) to suggest a top 6 (even top 10) will come a knocking.

A bit OT but the arms of the Leeds keeper... bizarre creations. A link to the past or a link to the future? Is that what we are going to look like in 100 years?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Robbie's run of games at the moment is him convincing the hierarchy that they don;t need to go and buy a £15 to £20m goalie in January.

Sheff Utd, he had a great game. Far less convincing today. Looked to have a 15 minute collapse of confidence in the second half.

It's not unusual for someone with his age and experience to have these sort of ups and downs.....but we can't afford to muck about

I think it's likely we'll buy someone next month.
Hope we don't! - much rather promote from the youth squad, especially when they're good enough, like Sanchez.

If we've got £15-£20M to spend in January, there are a lot more important things to buy than another GK!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Agreed. I feel better about him than I do Ryan. But Clemence he is not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess Sanchez largely hoofing it long and mostly to the opposition or into touch will at least shut up the ‘stop fannying about with it at the back, FFS Ryan kick it’ brigade...........[emoji2369][emoji2369]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The Leeds GK has taking quite a bit of stick FWIW. Tough being a GK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here