Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We have nurtured Big Bob since he was 15 years old at the academy, he is not going anywhere soon.
Remember goalkeepers as a rule, generally are loyal and do not jump ship at the first drop of a hat.

He is ours and ain't going anywhere.

The other thing is that with us, he's already a no. 1 at a Premier League club. At his age, and having established himself, would he want to risk going to Chelsea to sit behind Mendy? Or Liverpool with Alisson? Or City with Ederson? Or United with De Gea? They're the only ones likely to afford him in England and I can't see them paying the kind of money that would get him out of Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have nurtured Big Bob since he was 15 years old at the academy, he is not going anywhere soon.
Remember goalkeepers as a rule, generally are loyal and do not jump ship at the first drop of a hat.

He is ours and ain't going anywhere.

Probably depends on what you mean with "soon". He is not going anywhere this summer at least.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The other thing is that with us, he's already a no. 1 at a Premier League club. At his age, and having established himself, would he want to risk going to Chelsea to sit behind Mendy? Or Liverpool with Alisson? Or City with Ederson? Or United with De Gea? They're the only ones likely to afford him in England and I can't see them paying the kind of money that would get him out of Brighton

My feeling too. He’s here next season and will be delighted with that. But in future who knows.

FWIW I have seen comments from Spanish fans along the lines of “when he plays for giant club he will be our number 1”. So Bob may face the same big club bias as Dunky, Webster, White et al of breaking into the team.

I love that the Spanish are calling him “The Panther” though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Talkshites Spanish football "expert" was saying how we know Simon will always be the keeper as De Gea is now injured and Sanchez does not have the character to organize the defence.
So we can presume the only research be did on Sanchez was looking what age he was.

Who was the ‘expert’ ? They usually use Sid Lowe who generally knows his stuff, haven’t heard Graham Hunter on their for a while.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
……and we’ll get a ridiculous bid from a big club, and start the season with Steele in goal :cry::cry::cry::cry:

The new manager of Real Madrid has commented a couple of times how impressed he is with Bob!

He could be the most unexpected leaver this summer.

Btw has Ryan officially left today?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I believe there are football clubs in other countries too - even in his Spanish homeland.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FWIW I have seen comments from Spanish fans along the lines of “when he plays for giant club he will be our number 1”. So Bob may face the same big club bias as Dunky, Webster, White et al of breaking into the team.

Probably not a fair conclusion to make, given that the current number one 'only' plays for Bilbao

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My feeling too. He’s here next season and will be delighted with that. But in future who knows.

I love that the Spanish are calling him “The Panther” though.

All it needs is for a pink goalie top and there's a ready-made song/chant for him :lolol:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I think he was unlucky tbh.

Spain’s last friendly before the Euros was cancelled due to Covid. I thought that was the game he’d get a run out.

If he had done well in that game I think he’d of had a chance at playing in the group stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
‘Mutual’ is the clue.

We both throw away a couple of million? Seriously, Ryan is unlikely to want anything less than his contract states, and as a full international - albeirt only an Aussie one, and in the final year of his contract - he still has value in the transfer market, so no reason for us to forego any transfer fee.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We both throw away a couple of million? Seriously, Ryan is unlikely to want anything less than his contract states, and as a full international - albeirt only an Aussie one, and in the final year of his contract - he still has value in the transfer market, so no reason for us to forego any transfer fee.

Not necessarily - if it means he can play, he might well accept a compromise. Equally, we may do so to get him off the wage bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here