Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Time for a review of NSC's use base?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not generally in favour of NSC ghettos meself. There's a (mandatory) Prefix on new threads, and there's an Ignore function. An Ignore Thread function would be nice IMHO, but seems to me that all the tools are already there to filter out subjects or posters that really are of no interest.

Don’t panic, the weekly PMQ’s match thread is exempt from the bear pit.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
This is why I’d make a shit moderator on this board.
I’d read stuff, think ‘****’ and press the ban button. Sometimes I think there’d be very few people left

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Keep the NSC open to all as any censorship of opinions will only weaken the standard of debate

The only problem is trolling. And, I think we may also accept, however grudgingly, racism. It used to be 'OK' to express an opinion that, for example, 'if they hadn't all come over here' etc etc. A bit of racisms used to be OK. Having heard the testamony of 2nd, 3rd etc generation black stars speaking in recent days, and having given my middle class white privilaged head a bit of a wobble....no, posting racism on NSC isn't OK.

I'm not sure if this has filtered up to form a policy in Mod Towers, yet, but I hope it does. And racism includes dog whistle tropes that may be put on NSC by people who don't really understand what they mean. In that case, its a bit like your old nan who keeps referring to you mate as 'coloured'. A 'word' may be all that's required :shrug: For others, who call people like the 'memorial urinator' we saw yesterday 'a patriotic hero'....time they were surgically removed, I would say. :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The only problem is trolling. And, I think we may also accept, however grudgingly, racism. It used to be 'OK' to express an opinion that, for example, 'if they hadn't all come over here' etc etc. A bit of racisms used to be OK. Having heard the testamony of 2nd, 3rd etc generation black stars speaking in recent days, and having given my middle class white privilaged head a bit of a wobble....no, posting racism on NSC isn't OK.

I'm not sure if this has filtered up to form a policy in Mod Towers, yet, but I hope it does. And racism includes dog whistle tropes that may be put on NSC by people who don't really understand what they mean. In that case, its a bit like your old nan who keeps referring to you mate as 'coloured'. A 'word' may be all that's required :shrug: For others, who call people like the 'memorial urinator' we saw yesterday 'a patriotic hero'....time they were surgically removed, I would say. :shrug:

Have you not heard of the IGNORE facility on here....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don’t panic, the weekly PMQ’s match thread is exempt from the bear pit.

Excelente! I'll be able to just leave you Bears to have your fun then :thumbsup:

atlanta_bear_fest_2011_full.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's often used as a defence of some of NSC's openly racist and obnoxious posters (Das Reich is a great example) that it's all about open-speech.

But is it? Really? Is it about free speech or keeping the posts rattling through?

Personally, I don't want to see this stuff anymore now than I ever have, and I want them gone.

That very suspicious "just another person" or whatever was clearly a right-wing agitator, and it was allowed.

Time for them to go, or, not that my input will be missed, me.

Thoughts?

Oh do **** off

Again, you should probably learn to read.

That response was clearly prompted by Beach Hut insinuating he ought to be in trouble for daring to mention an obnoxious thick racist by name.

Context is everything.

After looking back Simster, you were talking absolute codswallop. From the first post the OP says he doesn’t want to ‘see this stuff anymore’, and that he wants ‘them gone’. His/her next comment is ‘oh do **** of’.

You were spouting absolute claptrap in defence of someone who thinks the same way as you. You also had the temerity to throw in shit about being able to read, and questioned my intellect. You argued the toss about the meaning of ‘semantics’.

Go xxxx yourself.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes, Thread Ignore would be great...

I could disintegrate the Brexit thread, and all the racism/immigration stuff and a golden age of NSC would start for me.

*dreams*

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thread ignore would largely come about for me with a separation of the political posts into their own section. So many posters are not interested in BHA and only post for political point scoring. They are weird in my opinion as there must be better places to be?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The ignore function can be useful, certainly helps unclutter some threads. I reluctantly started an ignore list but so far have only put two on there. Not for right wing views or even racist stuff, just a couple of ones who get way too personal and take all this nonsense far too seriously.

On the whole most on here are decent people. Take it from me, you usually only get back what you dish out.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's often used as a defence of some of NSC's openly racist and obnoxious posters (Das Reich is a great example) that it's all about open-speech.

But is it? Really? Is it about free speech or keeping the posts rattling through?

Personally, I don't want to see this stuff anymore now than I ever have, and I want them gone.

That very suspicious "just another person" or whatever was clearly a right-wing agitator, and it was allowed.

Thoughts?

giphy (61).gif

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thread ignore would largely come about for me with a separation of the political posts into their own section. So many posters are not interested in BHA and only post for political point scoring. They are weird in my opinion as there must be better places to be?

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You're a tedious bore, so **** you if you want to grandstand

Not reading through all this but assume this guy has been banned and advised to grow up.

Starts a thread and then abuses everyone. From behind his keyboard. The online equivalent of "do you want some?"

Thoughts?

I've rarely seen outright racism on this board, thank God.

Having people of right and left makes it for an interesting debate. You sound like a right facist. I don't agree with DR on a lot but you can't just ban someone because you don't agree with them politically.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I can't disagree with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here