Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Time for a review of NSC's use base?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
NSC is fine, just leave alone the things that piss you off. If you don’t like a particular poster just whack them on ignore. It’s pretty easy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]. Until this thread, I hadn’t realised that he raises hackles.

I never intended to raise any hackles merely pointed out that you should not name individual posters in an accusing way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Couldn't agree more.

I must admit that without people like you who don't use 'ignore' I'd have to stop using ignore myself. Call me selfish. Call me morbid, call me pale. But there would be a danger I'd spend my who time typing '****' and pressing 'send' all night to the dimbots. I am sufficiently arrogant to think that I'll leave that to you and your energetic chums, youngsters with passion and, dare I say it, spunk, and just chuck in the occasional grenade when I fell it necessary.

Incidentally, since there is no such poster on NSC called Das Reich, one may abuse the name all one likes. May I just add that anyone going on a football forum and calling themselves Das Reich is a selfish racist. I would invite Das Reich to defend himself, but he's either to gutless or insufficiently bright to find the words. He doesn't respond to difficult questions.

Which is why I have him on ignore :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I never intended to raise any hackles merely pointed out that you should not name individual posters in an accusing way.

I did realise exactly that, knowing your post history and the reasonable person that you are.

Unbeknown to you, it immediately wound up the Saturday evening Bear With A Sore Nose.

Good popcorn value though :lolol:.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It didn’t come across as anything but a dig at the OP to me :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh how marvellous! So one doesn’t agree with my views, first response ‘f**** off’. Who should be banned again?
His problem is with the racists and the obnoxious, not with anyone who doesn't agree with him.

This was quite clear from his post. Maybe we should start with banning those who like to get self-righteous on a false premise because they're too stupid to read properly?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I must admit that without people like you who don't use 'ignore' I'd have to stop using ignore myself. Call me selfish. Call me morbid, call me pale. But there would be a danger I'd spend my who time typing '****' and pressing 'send' all night to the dimbots. I am sufficiently arrogant to think that I'll leave that to you and your energetic chums, youngsters with passion and, dare I say it, spunk, and just chuck in the occasional grenade when I fell it necessary.

Incidentally, since there is no such poster on NSC called Das Reich, one may abuse the name all one likes. May I just add that anyone going on a football forum and calling themselves Das Reich is a selfish racist. I would invite Das Reich to defend himself, but he's either to gutless or insufficiently bright to find the words. He doesn't respond to difficult questions.

Which is why I have him on ignore :rolleyes:

At least you get to see some of their posts, despite them being on 'ignore', as we're daft enough to quote them. :D
There have been many times I have been tempted to utilise the 'ignore function' but I do prefer to see what's 'out there', and there's a fair few who could be described as 'out there'. To be fair, I do tend to pass over most of the Fairy's posts, mostly because they are meaningless and often unintelligible, but some you just can't resist responding to. I know it has zero effect on him (I doubt 50,000 volts would), but it has to be done.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
His problem is with the racists and the obnoxious, not with anyone who doesn't agree with him.

This was quite clear from his post. Maybe we should start with banning those who like to get self-righteous on a false premise because they're too stupid to read properly?

So a first response of ‘**** off’ is not obnoxious? Righty ho...........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So a first response of ‘**** off’ is not obnoxious? Righty ho...........
Again, you should probably learn to read.

That response was clearly prompted by Beach Hut insinuating he ought to be in trouble for daring to mention an obnoxious thick racist by name.

Context is everything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least you get to see some of their posts, despite them being on 'ignore', as we're daft enough to quote them. :D
There have been many times I have been tempted to utilise the 'ignore function' but I do prefer to see what's 'out there', and there's a fair few who could be described as 'out there'. To be fair, I do tend to pass over most of the Fairy's posts, mostly because they are meaningless and often unintelligible, but some you just can't resist responding to. I know it has zero effect on him (I doubt 50,000 volts would), but it has to be done.

You carry on, mate. Without the quoting and the informative rebuttals I'd have to unblock the eejits and read all the shite. You are, at least, doing me a service :salute::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol: I’m contemplating not looking at The Bear Pit at all.

But if the Albion start racking up yet more losses, I might join The Bear Pit fray to let off steam.

Out of sight, out of mind. And there will be plenty on there out of their mind. I'll steer well clear unless it gets serious traffic. Then, there, I presume I will have a pass to call a spade a spade :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here