Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Time for a review of NSC's use base?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Again, you should probably learn to read.

That response was clearly prompted by Beach Hut insinuating he ought to be in trouble for daring to mention an obnoxious thick racist by name.

Context is everything.

So, in your view, it is not obnoxious to use ‘**** off’ as a first response? Speaks volumes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Again, you should probably learn to read.

That response was clearly prompted by Beach Hut insinuating he ought to be in trouble for daring to mention an obnoxious thick racist by name.

Context is everything.

I never put any context at all on the type of poster, you have.

I was merely pointing out mentioning any poster

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ll lazily point people at the post I made last night as it feels relevant to do so...

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...-tiresome-at-the-moment&p=9375469#post9375469

Missed your post. And this one at first.

TBH it was like walking in to the lounge and sitting with the family who halfway through a film and spending the rest of the time attempting to understand what the hell is going on, with little snippets from others and much tutting. I think I now get it.

Cream on top of jam, right?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, in your view, it is not obnoxious to use ‘**** off’ as a first response? Speaks volumes.
What speaks volumes are your tedious straw man arguments. I took issue with you suggesting the OP wanted to shut down anyone who disagreed with him. That is total bollocks. You've since moved the goalposts by telling me he was obnoxious for telling Beach Hut to **** off. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with that, just providing some context.

But what is clear is that when you said he was trying to shut down anyone who disagreed with him, you were sanctimoneously talking out of your arse.

I never put any context at all on the type of poster, you have.

I was merely pointing out mentioning any poster
Indeed not. I wasn't arguing with that, just explaining to wellquickwoody what is obvious to absolutely everyone else - that afters was not trying to shut down all opposition to his point of view, and that his response to you was a direct result of his perception of what you meant when you talked about a ban for mentioning another poster.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Full moon again, WHAT is going on !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What speaks volumes are your tedious straw man arguments. I took issue with you suggesting the OP wanted to shut down anyone who disagreed with him. That is total bollocks. You've since moved the goalposts by telling me he was obnoxious for telling Beach Hut to **** off. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with that, just providing some context.

But what is clear is that when you said he was trying to shut down anyone who disagreed with him, you were sanctimoneously talking out of your arse.

If I gave you the benefit of doubt, what you are saying is utter semantics. Good day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I gave you the benefit of doubt, what you are saying is utter semantics. Good day.
If your issue with my post is "semantics" then I suggest you don't know what semantics are.

The bottom line is that you accused afters of trying to shut down anyone who disagrees with him. Clear horseshit.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If your issue with my post is "semantics" then I suggest you don't know what semantics are.

The bottom line is that you accused afters of trying to shut down anyone who disagrees with him. Clear horseshit.
Wouldn't bother if I were you Sims. wellthick seems like a decent bloke but he's intellectually challenged. You'll get nowhere with reasonable debate unfortunately.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Bozza’s suggestion of a ‘Bear Pit’ which I presume he got from the TZ-UK forum is a good idea as it congregates all the same people together and leads to a more peaceful existence. Presumably it would be an area for politics, religion and other such repetitive issues where people can say the same things over and over again. It would also make people more honest about the ignore button, don’t go there if you unless you want to be offended. Might be very therapeutic for some, including myself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bozza’s suggestion of a ‘Bear Pit’ which I presume he got from the TZ-UK forum is a good idea as it congregates all the same people together and leads to a more peaceful existence. Presumably it would be an area for politics, religion and other such repetitive issues where people can say the same things over and over again. It would also make people more honest about the ignore button, don’t go there if you unless you want to be offended. Might be very therapeutic for some, including myself.

Not generally in favour of NSC ghettos meself. There's a (mandatory) Prefix on new threads, and there's an Ignore function. An Ignore Thread function would be nice IMHO, but seems to me that all the tools are already there to filter out subjects or posters that really are of no interest.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not generally in favour of NSC ghettos meself. There's a (mandatory) Prefix on new threads, and there's an Ignore function. An Ignore Thread function would be nice IMHO, but seems to me that all the tools are already there to filter out subjects or posters that really are of no interest.

I think you are mistaking ghettos for places where people should not be in charge of sharp objects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here