Tickets outside ground on Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The historic match was last week!

Good grief !

Presumably this refers to some friendly kickabout that would hardly appear on any true list of historic matches.And,if you want to be so inclined,the "historic" match was the Senior Cup final.

History ? Saturday !

Last edited:

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Maybe you could do what I did.

Give the thing away for nothing to a fan who can't get a ticket, mine is going to a family member but just the deep feeling of satisfaction knowing how much joy it will bring is enough for me.

That said, I am expecting not to have to buy a drink next time we meet.

I've upgraded it and coughed up the extra so wouldn't be giving it away.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I could never sell my ticket for this game, No amount of money would equal being there.

Really? What about a hundred million quid?

I'd bite someone's hand off for five grand. Not going to happen though!

Does now look like I will have a spare seat in the mighty North Stand for Saturday.

I have a friend who wants one for one of his pals - at face value only though, and it's for an adult (not under 16's or whatever)
If you want to meet up with him tomorrow (he has a shop on Lewes Road, or I imagine he can meet you locally) then let me know and I'll help arrange that for you.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I am sure that a 'meeting area' will develop where those without and those with a spare ticket can meet. (I need to choose my words carefully to be PC when describing (mainly) men with similar interests meeting for mutual gain - in Brighton.) The person attending with a 'spare' will inevitably end up sitting next to the lucky person, and can retrieve the swipe card after passing through the turnstile. He can also choose who he does not want to sit next to ! Money does have have to be seen to be changing hands outside the ground, as can be done inside. This area could probably start off as the Hikers, but later probably become more closely defined as a patch of grass/concrete nearer the ground.

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
I am sure that a 'meeting area' will develop where those without and those with a spare ticket can meet. (I need to choose my words carefully to be PC when describing (mainly) men with similar interests meeting for mutual gain - in Brighton.) The person attending with a 'spare' will inevitably end up sitting next to the lucky person, and can retrieve the swipe card after passing through the turnstile. He can also choose who he does not want to sit next to ! Money does have have to be seen to be changing hands outside the ground, as can be done inside. This area could probably start off as the Hikers, but later probably become more closely defined as a patch of grass/concrete nearer the ground.

Think biggest fear would be selling it to some idiot who goes mental in the seat and gets that sth banned!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I could never sell my ticket for this game, No amount of money would equal being there.
Where's your imagination? So you'd turn down a million :)

Anyway, what's the most anyone will end up paying for a ticket? I assume most that wanted a ticket, got one.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Fair enough.

I just can't go due to a wedding, season ticket was purchased along time before we found out.

I take it you haven't sorted out you're priorities yet... Shame on you:lolol:

bridge

Mar 16, 2011

Anyway, what's the most anyone will end up paying for a ticket? I assume most that wanted a ticket, got one.

Surely there will be some looking for tickets on the day. You get people looking for tickets at most events. I know I've paid some daft prices in my time to get into some events.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yeah exactly, I'd take financial security for the rest of my life over the first visit to the Amex- I can go there again on Tuesday anyway!

Someone will pay £100 I expect. I wouldn't sell mine for that though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You could sell it to someone, who has to go in the ground with your mates, they then take the card off him once they are in, and return it to you at a later date.

But you would presumably be selling it to a tout in teh normal case of events. Just selling it directly to someone who will use it, is essentially just sharing a ticket between mates. As far as touts are concerned, I think this limits their activities quite a lot.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Depends really.
First ever league match plus first match with a full capacity available after the ramp up mullarkey! I'd say that's pretty historic!

Last weeks game does not count. The big one is Saturday......END OF !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports