[Albion] Ticket Exchange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
OK then let's stick to the facts

-It's a £90 expenditure to transfer 2 tickets before the ticket price is taken into account (2 x £20 transfer and 2 x £25 Albion plus).

You are exageratting to make a point.

The season ticket holder doesn't pay the £20 and the £25. And it covers the entire season, as you know.

And if someone wants to go as a one-off but objects to paying the £25 to borrow a season ticket, they can buy a ticket like other casual/non-regular fans - as thousands have done for the near sell-out Everton match.

Those are the facts.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I decided to go on holiday in early 2020 unfortunately along came Covid and the pesky Premier League did not release the next season’s fixtures that early.

The holiday for which I have paid £4K for has been postponed about 4 times, the reason we are not going is we don’t want to catch anything pre Covid test on Sunday.

You carry on being the hero and never missing a game, personally other things come first in my priorities.

Oh and we are missing the Newcastle game in Nov as it’s my grandsons birthday ( if that’s ok with you)?

I totally understand the decision you've come to. We go away ourselves next weekend ... so it's been a consideration for me also. I will be there this afternoon ... but won't be traveling on a packed train ... will get there early ... buy my pie and cuppa and head for my seat ... wearing a mask until I'm seated (and will put it back on when I head to the loo and leave). I've also got a nasal spray that is supposed to offer some sort of protection for up to 6 hours. There has been some debate about the claims made by the company - although they have sold similar sprays for protection against cold/flu. I'll spray the old nozzle anyway as I have it!

Have a great holiday ... at long last :thumbsup:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Thinking about this further this morning with the example of the North Stand being sold out yet many exchange tickets waiting in the wings. Once a whole stand or concourse is sold out the exchange should become active for that area. Say WSU no longer any tickets, then activate the exchange for that area. This will facilitate people coming who are tied to an area of the ground by existing family and friends.

Furthermore the ST transfer system is perfectly fine, people should have membership to enjoy such a facility and the £20 administrative charge is small compared to the costs the club will have spent to implement the change to the IT system.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
209 and selling fast.

giphy.gif

release the exchange

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
There will be rows of empty seats in what should be a packed out stadium because its too expensive / complex to transfer tickets and there will be fewer casual supporters who could turn into full time supporters as a consequence.

Rows and rows of empty seats in an empty Falmer Stadium ....

It's enough to make you stop believing when tears come fast and furious
In a town called malice, yeah

:rock:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thinking about this further this morning with the example of the North Stand being sold out yet many exchange tickets waiting in the wings. Once a whole stand or concourse is sold out the exchange should become active for that area. Say WSU no longer any tickets, then activate the exchange for that area. This will facilitate people coming who are tied to an area of the ground by existing family and friends.

Furthermore the ST transfer system is perfectly fine, people should have membership to enjoy such a facility and the £20 administrative charge is small compared to the costs the club will have spent to implement the change to the IT system.

Eminently sensible and not a hint of a rant. You're new to NSC aren't you :wink:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

That does make sense ... I wonder if the system they use (in its current setup) would facilitate it?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

That would be brilliant if it worked like that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Firstly, I accept a club of our size has to maximise revenue with a view to sustainability however think they are missing a trick here with holding back the availability of exchange tickets beyond the seats that clearly no body wanted for a season ticket.

There will be fans who want a certain stand, a certain number of tickets together so why not offer these earlier?

The club could always add a premium to group / pair seats to recover the difference of repaying the original season ticket holder making the same profit had they sold a less desirable seat in its own right.

This would obviously put singles at a disadvantage but then this would always be the case with a captive market of those going to games on their own / not sitting with friends / family

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You are exageratting to make a point.

The season ticket holder doesn't pay the £20 and the £25. And it covers the entire season, as you know.

And if someone wants to go as a one-off but objects to paying the £25 to borrow a season ticket, they can buy a ticket like other casual/non-regular fans - as thousands have done for the near sell-out Everton match.

Those are the facts.

Its 90 quid that wouldn't have been payable 2 seasons ago. Those are the facts too.

I look forward to seeing a packed Amex this afternoon with everyone taking advantage of this excellent scheme that is in no way a short sighted cash grab.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Its 90 quid that wouldn't have been payable 2 seasons ago. Those are the facts too.

I look forward to seeing a packed Amex this afternoon with everyone taking advantage of this excellent scheme that is in no way a short sighted cash grab.

More facts:

The club has been hit financially in the last two years, and has decided to stop turning a blind eye to illegal ticket sharing - whilst offering a legitimate service for those who want to.

Albion is about to sell out (or close to) a match against a non-top six side during the school holidays.

See you there!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the £20 per season works well for certain circumstances but not for others. Personally I'd like the option of paying a stiffish admin fee on a per-match basis. £5, say. Wouldn't mind that at all. But £20 when you maybe don't envisage missing more than one or two matches a season does seem a tad excessive.

And, no, that's not a criticism of the club, before all the usual suspects go off on one. It's a constructive suggestion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the £20 per season works well for certain circumstances but not for others. Personally I'd like the option of paying a stiffish admin fee on a per-match basis. £5, say. Wouldn't mind that at all. But £20 when you maybe don't envisage missing one or two matches a season does seem a tad excessive.

And, no, that's not a criticism of the club, before all the usual suspects go off on one. It's a constructive suggestion

Yeah, a friend was in this position for today's game. He was unable to go, someone else approached me asking if I knew of any spare WSU tickets going so I did the matchmaking between the two.

That's when the £20 fee, which we'd forgotten about, got brought into play. If you think a game is the only one you are likely to miss this season, having to stump up £20 in order to enable someone else to go to that one game feels a bit steep.

It's partly a psychological thing though, I guess. If you pay it up front when you buy the ST, then it will feel like just part of the overall outlay. In the middle of the season, as a likely one-off, it stings a bit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think the £20 per season works well for certain circumstances but not for others. Personally I'd like the option of paying a stiffish admin fee on a per-match basis. £5, say. Wouldn't mind that at all. But £20 when you maybe don't envisage missing more than one or two matches a season does seem a tad excessive.

To be fair, doesn't the one off ticket premium effectively do that, offering the £20 ticket share option if you think you are going to a few matches on someone else's ticket ?

(And not so aggressive with the elbow today:wink:)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair, doesn't the one off ticket premium effectively do that, offering the £20 ticket share option if you think you are going to a few matches on someone else's ticket ?

(And not so aggressive with the elbow today:wink:)

Covid needs must, I'm afraid. Glasgow Kiss is out of bounds for the time being :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, a friend was in this position for today's game. He was unable to go, someone else approached me asking if I knew of any spare WSU tickets going so I did the matchmaking between the two.

That's when the £20 fee, which we'd forgotten about, got brought into play. If you think a game is the only one you are likely to miss this season, having to stump up £20 in order to enable someone else to go to that one game feels a bit steep.

It's partly a psychological thing though, I guess. If you pay it up front when you buy the ST, then it will feel like just part of the overall outlay. In the middle of the season, as a likely one-off, it stings a bit.

Agree. It’s expensive if it’s only going to be used once, but as soon as it becomes more than twice it starts to become decent value (as long as the same recipient is involved). A single use effectively (for me at least) means £20+£28+£30 so £78 being paid for one match ticket……..

The system just doesn’t work well for anyone who is only likely to miss one or two games, and with the exchange not open there’s no other option.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
More facts:

The club has been hit financially in the last two years, and has decided to stop turning a blind eye to illegal ticket sharing - whilst offering a legitimate service for those who want to.

Albion is about to sell out (or close to) a match against a non-top six side during the school holidays.

See you there!

How many remained unsold v Watford?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why are so many STH unable to go tomorrow? 3,000? Isn’t it part of the deal that you buy your ST for a season? You can hardly blame the Albion if you decide to go on holiday, to a wedding, have a BBQ when there is a game on.

Oh, and doesn’t the food and drink revenue go to the caterers, ie not the Albion?

COVID good enough for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports