Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three month pay holiday on Season Tickets

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anyone over 70 get a phone call today? I haven't, yet.

I think [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] is right. Duffy will be waiting until 02.00 to ring me.
Patience will be a virtue here.

Norwich are doing something similar for their Over 60s and have so far completed 56 of 6,000 planned calls...

I have. They’re not interested.

I had the same experience.

Clearly the club is putting cash flow first and foremost (much of which goes to helping pay player wages) and not seeming to care about 'ordinary' people affected by this in a much bigger way.

The current collective PL PR is an unmitigated disaster and will alienate a lot of fans.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Might be in with a shout for a pair of 20/21 season tickets come Tuesday.

Assume the DD will start from May 20 onwards, I know there’s there’s a deferral scheme for current tickets however surely new tickets wouldn’t be payable until the start date had been firmed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Might be in with a shout for a pair of 20/21 season tickets come Tuesday.

Assume the DD will start from May 20 onwards, I know there’s there’s a deferral scheme for current tickets however surely new tickets wouldn’t be payable until the start date had been firmed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club has already started taking money for the 20/21 season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have. They’re not interested.

So have you asked to cancel next season’s ST and they’ve refused? In these extraordinary times, with a 7k ST waiting list, I think that is pretty poor if they have. They should be opening a window for cancellations this month, there’s plenty who still take up the seats.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Am I right in thinking if you do this holiday you just pay it back in the long run but it stays the same if you dont do anything

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Am I right in thinking if you do this holiday you just pay it back in the long run but it stays the same if you dont do anything

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Yep

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yep, just like the mortgage holidays.

The club gave 2 models, the amount your DD would go up after your payment holiday if the season isn't cancelled, then another model where if this season is cancelled and what was left refunded. If you took the holiday it amounted to pretty much what the refund would be.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’ve taken the holiday safe in the knowledge that I won’t be paying more per month later down the line. The refund we’ll get on the five remaining games of 19/20 balances out the three months of zero payment, plus there is the possibility of us not seeing 19 games in 20/21 and being due a further refund.

I hadn’t thought about it that way....

Interesting, food for thought

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hadn’t thought about it that way....

Interesting, food for thought

The club did illustrate exactly this in their communication about the holiday. If the remaining games this season were played they showed your DD going up next season, or if it was cancelled or behind closed doors, they showed that the holiday pretty much is what your refund would be.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I haven't done anything yet and we've got a week to before the deadline on the 16th. Like everything else at the minute I don't know what to do or what will happen.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The club did illustrate exactly this in their communication about the holiday. If the remaining games this season were played they showed your DD going up next season, or if it was cancelled or behind closed doors, they showed that the holiday pretty much is what your refund would be.

So is your point that I was suggesting the club didn’t do enough explaining? I wasn’t sniping at the club I just haven’t had time to go back and re read it all...

And before anyone says anything yes I’m incredibly fortunate to still be able to work on full pay atm but it does mean sadly I’m not sat in my pants watching Netflix and YouTube or reading club communications to the nth degree.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So is your point that I was suggesting the club didn’t do enough explaining? I wasn’t sniping at the club I just haven’t had time to go back and re read it all...

And before anyone says anything yes I’m incredibly fortunate to still be able to work on full pay atm but it does mean sadly I’m not sat in my pants watching Netflix and YouTube or reading club communications to the nth degree.

Nope, I was just informing you that if you hadn't seen it and you wanted to see the illustration you could search your email or the club's news feed as you might not have realised the info. was there.

Sorry if that touched a nerve. :smile:

This is what I got:

YOUR PLAN IF YOU OPT TO TAKE THE PAYMENT HOLIDAY:

Please see below your first Direct Debit payment and the remaining balance that will be taken over eight months (instead of eleven) after the payment holiday, from August 2020 to March 2021:

April 2020: £47.50
May to July: £0.00
August 2020 to March 2021: £65.32

Calculation: £570 - £47.50 = £522.50
£522.50 = £65.32 (8 x monthly payments)

Your Direct Debits will cost £17.82 more per month from August.

Below, we have calculated your plan if you opt to take the payment holiday and we owe you for five matches for 2019/20:

In the event that it is confirmed before August that you will be unable to see the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, you will be given a pro rata refund off the monthly season ticket payments for the 2020/21 season

Your total season ticket price for 2019/20 was £570, and five games account for £150 of the season ticket value, meaning the sums would break down like this:

April 2020: £47.50
May to July: £0.00
August 2020 to March 2021: £46.57

Calculation: £570 - £47.50 - £150 = £372.50
£372.50 = £46.57 (8 x monthly payments)

Your Direct Debits will cost £0.93 less per month from August.

Please note these totals have been calculated quickly in order to give you maximum time to opt-in. If you notice any issue or error with your payment calculation please contact Supporter Services so we may resolve this for you.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Oh.
I feel a bit bad because as I read this I am sat in my pants watching Netflix.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Oh.
I feel a bit bad because as I read this I am sat in my pants watching Netflix.

That at least raised a smile - but not a wish to see said image...
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] Sorry just a bit touchy because I’m having to juggle full time work [and currently working to 11.30/12 at night to get through things], a 2 year old, and a twitchy wife who recently went self employed and can’t claim on the gov scheme and my only respite is here or my hour long run every other day!

Will try and read things the way they were intended going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here