Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

Jan 30, 2008
I will never understand the right wingers - ardently support capitalism, an economic system that relies on population growth in the form of immigration, yet are the first to oppose it. You can't have your cake and eat it.
I'M MORE INTERESTED IN KEEPING SOME OF OUR IDENTITY AND not seeing our public services/housing put under strain by an ever increasing number of people entering this country , not a lot to ask for is it ???
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nope, but you lied. I just put up your posts to prove it. Why would it offend me.

Lied?...no, I merely compared the serially 'offended' little Englanders with the people they constantly claim are 'offended'....

Cut and pasted a bit of satire, that did indeed include the word 'muslim'..sorry if that 'offended'...

and ive nothing to 'froth' about...im not 'offended'.

I also told you there were more FOREIGNERS, and muslims (added due to previous discussions with you)... in my block of flats....seems that 'foreigners' was invisible to you...muslims wasnt...shows where your bigotry lays really doesnt it.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'M MORE INTERESTED IN KEEPING SOME OF OUR IDENTITY AND not seeing our public services/housing put under strain by an ever increasing number of people entering this country , not a lot to ask for is it ???
regards
DR

I think this is the view of many and might i add that many who emigrated here a few years ago, feel the same. We are full now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
regards
DR

Please point us in the direction of the evidence that shows that immigration is responsible for putting our public services under strain? That's just not true.

Jan 30, 2008
...but what is your solution? Our country relies on population growth, being "full" is not an option in this economic system.
does it , blimey people in tented villages spring to mind, doors got to shut and we've got to get out of the EU which has now become a burden, that's how i see it but i'll get shouted down but hey ho
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Daily Mail 1938

Attachments

• daily mail.jpg
    daily mail.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 107

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
does it , blimey people in tented villages spring to mind, doors got to shut and we've got to get out of the EU which has now become a burden, that's how i see it but i'll get shouted down but hey ho
regards
DR

How is the EU a burden?
How are immigrants putting our public services under strain?
How are they eroding our national identity?

Give coherent answers to these questions, and answers that stand up to scrutiny, and you won't be shouted down.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Please point us in the direction of the evidence that shows that immigration is responsible for putting our public services under strain? That's just not true.

If I recall correctly, the evidence on recent migration (post-EU enlargement) suggests slightly the opposite. The immigrants are significantly less likely than native Brits to claim benefits (because most of them come for the sole or primary purpose of work or study) or to use health and social services (partly because, as a group, they are predominantly young adults). Furthermore, taken as a group, they contribute significantly more in taxation than they use either through benefit claiming or other public services.
That doesn't mean that there aren't ever any difficulties caused by a sudden large influx of newcomers into a particular community or locality (e.g. pressure on school places etc), but I've not seen any real evidence (i.e. hard data, not anecdotal scare stories) that this is has been a major or widespread problem

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If I recall correctly, the evidence on recent migration (post-EU enlargement) suggests slightly the opposite. The immigrants are significantly less likely than native Brits to claim benefits (because most of them come for the sole or primary purpose of work or study) or to use health and social services (partly because, as a group, they are predominantly young adults). Furthermore, taken as a group, they contribute significantly more in taxation than they use either through benefit claiming or other public services.
That doesn't mean that there aren't ever any difficulties caused by a sudden large influx of newcomers into a particular community or locality (e.g. pressure on school places etc), but I've not seen any real evidence (i.e. hard data, not anecdotal scare stories) that this is has been a major or widespread problem

Thanks [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] - So Das Reich, what can you give us to counter this? No doubt you're scouring the Migration Watch website as I write.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
...but what is your solution? Our country relies on population growth, being "full" is not an option in this economic system.

The most densely populated country in Europe is England which has a population density of 395 people per square kilometre as of 2011.
Can this carry on though. Do the people that live here want the population to keep growing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The most densely populated country in Europe is England which has a population density of 395 people per square kilometre as of 2011.
Can this carry on though. Do the people that live here want the population to keep growing.

Mustafa's point is that if you want a capitalist society then the freedom to trade and to work is essential. It's not about whether the UK is full, it's about how the UK's economy is built and what it requires.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Thanks [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] - So Das Reich, what can you give us to counter this? No doubt you're scouring the Migration Watch website as I write.

While he's doing that, here's some reputable recent evidence from economists at UCL backing up the opposite point.
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1113/051113-migration-report

I understand also that the Home Office commissioned some similar work from their own internal economists on the wider impacts of EU migration on public services etc, but Theresa May vetoed its publication because the findings were "too positive"...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here