Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Webster experiment ends jan 1st !!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I called this after his first appearance. Anyway, he can get better.

This has also proven dunk is not that good. Duffy helps cover him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How many more goals will Webster be responsible for before Potter realizes what many have said fopr months that Webster is not good enough for the Premier and come to think of it neither is Potter.

I just don’t understand it. Maybe we get the recall from Leeds if he will not pick Duffy, but we can’t keep having goals gifted and confidence shattered by Webster

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Very simple get Ben White back to see what he can do and have Duffy as an alternative for the type of game where you have to show courage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We should recall White or Clark and throw one of them in against West Ham or revert back to a tried and tested pairing Dunk and Duffy. Unfortunately that pairing is too CH for Potter and it would be admitting that he is wrong withg his team selection and tactics.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Webster is a confidence player - and right now we are leaking goals from his side.

Did a cursory look at the game highlights of the past few games

Webster Giveaway Goals
⁃Bournemouth - at least 1
⁃Villa - yup
⁃Everton - yup
⁃Chelsea - no
⁃Sheffield Utd - yup
⁃Arsenal - no
⁃Liverpool - first
⁃Leicester - gave away penalty for 2nd

past 7 games - 2 games he hasn't been directly responsible for a goal.

He has all of the makings of a great player, but needs a breather.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
And we will lose one of our best ever CB's Duffy as he enters his prime due to GP's misguided faith in the 'footballing' Webster.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Webster is utter shit compared to Duffy how many more mistakes is he going to make championship at best

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Basically we are a defensive liability & it all centres around webster - totally out of position on saturday when grealish scored (a screamer). He set up there 3rd tonight & was nowhere near any of the 3 attackers when they scored the 2nd - to add to his back catalogue. I'm afraid he needs a rest

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Volume can be counted. That's what units of measure are for. Least is perfectly appropriate to use with number. Anyway, I don't suppose you will stop arguing, so I'm out.

Fewest goals or lowest number of goals. Neither 'least number' nor 'fewest number' make sense.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wow, just wow. Comment from the fotmob report of the Bournemouth match 'Callum Wilson stole a march on the ever-terrible Adam Webster to double the lead'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Webster is a confidence player - and right now we are leaking goals from his side.

Did a cursory look at the game highlights of the past few games

Webster Giveaway Goals
⁃Bournemouth - at least 1
⁃Villa - yup
⁃Everton - yup
⁃Chelsea - no
⁃Sheffield Utd - yup
⁃Arsenal - no
⁃Liverpool - first
⁃Leicester - gave away penalty for 2nd

past 7 games - 2 games he hasn't been directly responsible for a goal.

He has all of the makings of a great player, but needs a breather.

What an absolute crock of shit, your list is.

Firstly those are neither 'our past 7 games', nor are they the last 7 games Webster has played in. You appear to have carefully picked 8 games from our last 15, to suit your argument.

Secondly, your apportion of blame is rubbish, in most cases. He's massively at fault for the last goal at Bournemouth, and takes the lion's share of the blame for the Sheffield United one. Beyond that, its just scapegoating nonsense.

To suggest that being beaten in the air by the most powerful bloke in the PL (VVD) is 'giving away a goal' is stupid. To suggest that Richarlison's excellent winner at Everton was a 'Webster giveaway' is just as stupid. To pin Villa's equaliser on him, given that current NSC favourite Mooy wrapped it in a bow and handed it to them (and then Montoya backed off Grealish to give him a free shot) is pathetic beyond words.

I agree that the guy needs a rest, and would play Duffy at West Ham. He's making too many errors - enough errors, in fact, that there is really no need to be making shit up, to make your case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here