[Albion] This Webster experiment ends jan 1st !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shorehamseagull

Dec 23, 2019
May have already been mentioned but people seem to miss how many goals he’s prevented by his pace. He’s very quick.

One that springs to mind is against Calvert Lewin. Through on goal and Webster breezes past him.

Yes he’s making mistakes and some a leading to goals but he’s also preventing a lot too that Duffy or Dunk would have been no where near.

We take risks. At the moment it’s not quite working. But hopefully it will lead to more goals for that against.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He was Potter's choice, he's not going to admit he's wrong and play Dunk n Duffy unless injury forces him to. This type of stubborness could take us down.

For those old enough to remember 'Wayne Henderson was McGhee's choice, he wasn't going to admit he was wrong and play Kuipers unless injury forced him to. That type of stubborness did indeed take us down.

I try to stay positive, but blind spot, stubborness, pressure from above or whatever, it's hard to escape the fact that last year's 'Player of the Season' has been replaced by a lad in his first Premier season and his confidence looks very low. I wish Potter would just rest him in a winnable game and not a 'so called' free hit game.

HBoi

May 15, 2019
Hampshire
Webster and White both need more experience

I completely agree with the fact that Webster has been playing poorly but, when we're at a real risk of a serious relegation dogfight - is it really a good idea to put a young, inexperienced (at the top level) centre-back in the squad? Yes, he's been performing brilliantly in the Championship but so was Webster.

In my opinion Duffy is the only safe option. Like the good old days!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well, Harry Maguire isn't 'tearing up trees' at Old Trafford is he!
He is getting quite a bit of stick in the media for recent poor displays and I believe Rio has been holding him directly responsible for several goals that United have let in.
Hmm, what did he cost? £80million wasn't it?
Time to get off Webbo's back and support him and the team regardless of who is playing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
1st February and the Webster experiment continues to cost us.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
By far our most two-footed player:

[tweet]1222877821569261568[/tweet]

As capable of making a mistake with one foot or the other! Poor Webster is not as reliable as the player he replaced. We know it, he knows it and can't even play to the best of his own ability, let alone as well as Duffy. He will never win over the fans now.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I’ve not really got involved in criticising him before but he was utter toilet today. He really needs some time on the bench.

Exactly how I feel. He's a young(ish) footballer and I want him to be a huge success - but right now he's costing us goals and, unfortunately, he just seems to be unlucky too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports