Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't a "blip"

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You've clearly forgotten the last time Lua Lua started. He was awful. Buckley is incredibly inconsistent these days. Neither have given themselves much of a case for starting every week.

Independent assessment: You need a "wise old head" Kevin Phillips type of player. No-one in the side now who really fits that requirement. Certainly Dobbie (pronounced Doh-bie on BBC) doesn't...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You've clearly forgotten the last time Lua Lua started. He was awful. Buckley is incredibly inconsistent these days. Neither have given themselves much of a case for starting every week.
LuA Lus was shocking the last time he started, I agree. But you can't leave him out forever because of one game. I haven't lost faith in Poyet because of the last four games. I've lost faith in him because of his actions over the past season and can not see anything improving or changing. Very harsh to comment on KLL just because he was shit in the last game.

Dec 29, 2011
LuA Lus was shocking the last time he started, I agree. But you can't leave him out forever because of one game. I haven't lost faith in Poyet because of the last four games. I've lost faith in him because of his actions over the past season and can not see anything improving or changing. Very harsh to comment on KLL just because he was shit in the last game.

Who do you want to replace Poyet then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That makes about as much sense as your Gus can get us relagated post.

No. My point was that we won't get relegated under Gus. He's too good a manager.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Buckley is our best player. The only reason he doesn't play all the time is because he is injured or as is the case at the moment nursing an injury. I suspect with his hamstrings we are going to have to get used to his non appearances but to suggest he is inconsistent over and above anyone else is ludicrous.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems we are limited when a defence knows how to handle CMS for a game, or he's simply not in form. His touch yesterday was not great, and we on occasion lost possession purely because of it. As mentioned earlier, to have two wingbacks, effectively, means we don't need two wingers and one will do. But with that, we could squeeze another true forward in. Of course, as per usual, and the same as for many clubs, they are not that easy or cheap to find. There were a few chances yesterday that would have been slotted home by an experienced and true-striking frontman, i thought. Other teams seem to have a chance here and there and pummel them home. We're still without, it seems, that authentic killer in the forward line.
Vicente is an option because he knows how to get things done, even just for personal glory, but then there's the question of where he plays and how to defend with one man less. Hmmm. Maybe Vicente at home and a more harder working side away.
I like how we play though and wouldn't want that greatly changed for the world. And i certainly won't turn on our centrebacks who give their all to compete in a tough and physical league.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I don't think he's a professional. Gus' comments about him "not wanting to play anywhere its horrible and rainy" says it all.

The problem is that he is such a class player that nobody wants to upset him but I agree if it carries on so what ...let him go and free up the wage and put it towards a front man (sorry i know its fkin boring)

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Perhaps those suggesting that Gus has taken us as far as he can, could put forward the names of the experienced, out of work managers to take us to "the next level"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Perhaps those suggesting that Gus has taken us as far as he can, could put forward the names of the experienced, out of work managers to take us to "the next level"

Jose Mourinho
Pep Guardiola

For starters :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No. My point was that we won't get relegated under Gus. He's too good a manager.
No. You said you wouldn't consider sacking him even if we got relagated. I also don't think for one second will can get relagated under Poyet. I'm saying he's a shit manager. He has massive plus points. But unless he is willing to change, we definately wont be going up under him either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here