Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things you hate doing?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Putting the duvet into its cover. Does anybody have a good tip.

turn the duvet cover inside out, then put you hands inside it grabbing the corners at the other end. Then grab the corners of the duvet that line up and then just shake the cover over it, put the other corners in the bottom part and do the buttons up. then give it a good shake.

it is the first method on here

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Driving during rush hour

Walking the dog in winter rain and wind

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I quite enjoy;
Washing dishes
House cleaning
Laundry
Vacuuming
Mowing the lawn

- but I really don’t enjoy brushing my teeth.
I don’t know why, it’s only a 2 min job twice a day. But if I could skip that for the rest of my life (and have healthy teeth), I’d be quite happy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah ironing but most house chores are a nause

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Putting together invoices and pricing work. It’s only Mrs Q that reminds me that we need money in the bank that gets my arse in gear.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Putting the duvet into its cover. Does anybody have a good tip.

Don't! Use the cover as a sheet and place the duvet on top like an eiderdown.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Changing my underpants but I do it every year whether it's necessary or not.

Reminds me of the boy at school who had humongous skid marks on his pants,when we all went ugh and took the piss said its okay im wearing them inside out😱

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hoovering. But that's partly we have a really shit hoover which makes it really hard work.

Yeah, I get irrationality annoyed by rudeness with things like holding a door for someone or letting someone through in traffic when they don't acknowledge it. I know it's petty but I can't help it.

This!
I would love to have a photographic memory so I could remember them and not let them out again!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Popeye, I hope you didn't think I was generalising Americans when I said Clint Dempsey was rude and his response. Maybe he expected me to be Spanish and didn't speak the lingo? Anyway I remember John Arne Riise and a giant Danish defender, who was about 6ft 7in they had at the time who was brilliant, played a big part in getting them into Europe, just behind him in the hotel. It's going to bug me for the rest of the day unless I try and Google his name! :mad:

No worries friend I didn't think that. As I put, I had a similar experience with him. Maybe he was just having a bad day and didn't mean to respond that way? Possible I suppose. And I think that dude was from Norway?(I could be wrong).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hoovering. But that's partly we have a really shit hoover which makes it really hard work.

Yeah, I get irrationality annoyed by rudeness with things like holding a door for someone or letting someone through in traffic when they don't acknowledge it. I know it's petty but I can't help it.

This bugs me too, even worse when you then see the Palace sticker in the rear window, for this reason I am a selfish git when driving in the Croydon area, I just don't want to risk it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Do you mean while walking or driving?

I take great pleasure in directing the traffic while I'm walking. If I'm crossing a street I'm in charge of who drives and when and who I'll let through and why. I use all kinds of hand gestures to get my point across. Sometimes they like my generosity, sometimes they love my flair, sometimes they're really annoyed or very confused... regardless, its a pleasure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like or don’t mind doing most things, except:

Painting ceilings - it’s a literal neck-ache, messy and imho so hard to prevent paint flashing.

Cooking routine evening dinners - it’s boring, I’d much rather be working, relaxing or gardening.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing. I love jobs. Give me something to do and I’m a happy man. There’s a peace to be found in the everyday tasks.

“Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.” — Zen Kōan

Yep. I'm struggling to think of anything part of the requirements normal daily life that I don't enjoy. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening, bring it on. I'm old enough now that if someone asks me to do something I don't want to do, I won't.

Oh, and [MENTION=42698]Popeye[/MENTION], I love the sound of new mown grass, and I love the sound of breaking glass :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you mean while walking or driving?

I take great pleasure in directing the traffic while I'm walking. If I'm crossing a street I'm in charge of who drives and when and who I'll let through and why. I use all kinds of hand gestures to get my point across. Sometimes they like my generosity, sometimes they love my flair, sometimes they're really annoyed or very confused... regardless, its a pleasure.

I visited Sweden once (it was shitehouse, by the way) and I saw you ???

lollypop.jpg

Later, you could upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvksv_g5ZHs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here