Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things you hate doing?

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
What are some common, everyday or pretty routine things, that you do that you absolutely hate to do?

For me, one of my biggest is mowing the yard. I will admit that I can be a lazy ******* at times lol, but more than that I can't stand the smell of newly cut grass. Also a tightwad so prefer to do it myself instead of paying someone else...but might start to do so. At least the mowing season is almost over with:D

Another is ironing. Being a teacher, I have to look a certain way and need to iron my clothes more than the norm, and I absolutely hate to do so.

How about ya'll?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Shaving - I have a very sensitive skin so I only do it once a week. Horrible job.

Getting caught in heavy rain and staying in wet clothes for over an hour, thus almost guaranteeing catching a cold.

Rude people - almost getting into an argument when Clint Dempsey was playing for Fulham and I held a door open for him in a hotel in Spain when they were playing in an early round of the Europa League. He didn't say anything so I said "Thanks. You're welcome!" He looked at me and said "Huh?" as Americans generally do when they're taken aback. Just general manners go a long way to having faith in humanity. :)

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Shaving - I have a very sensitive skin so I only do it once a week. Horrible job.

Getting caught in heavy rain and staying in wet clothes for over an hour, thus almost guaranteeing catching a cold.

Rude people - almost getting into an argument when Clint Dempsey was playing for Fulham and I held a door open for him in a hotel in Spain when they were playing in an early round of the Europa League. He didn't say anything so I said "Thanks. You're welcome!" He looked at me and said "Huh?" as Americans generally do when they're taken aback. Just general manners go a long way to having faith in humanity. :)

Tbh I had a similar experience with Dempsey at an autograph session with the US team I went to several years ago. I told him thanks for the autograph and what a good player he is and he did not reply at all and just walked off. Love what he did for us and he's a legend as a player for us, but can be a bit of a prick.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What are some common, everyday or pretty routine things, that you do that you absolutely hate to do?

For me, one of my biggest is mowing the yard. I will admit that I can be a lazy ******* at times lol, but more than that I can't stand the smell of newly cut grass. Also a tightwad so prefer to do it myself instead of paying someone else...but might start to do so. At least the mowing season is almost over with:D

Another is ironing. Being a teacher, I have to look a certain way and need to iron my clothes more than the norm, and I absolutely hate to do so.

How about ya'll?

Must be an an American thing. But I can't see the use of mowing patio slabs or other hard surfaces. No wonder you don't like it, what a waste of time :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hoovering. But that's partly we have a really shit hoover which makes it really hard work.

Yeah, I get irrationality annoyed by rudeness with things like holding a door for someone or letting someone through in traffic when they don't acknowledge it. I know it's petty but I can't help it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Drying myself after a shower. I still find it very difficult. Weird.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Tbh I had a similar experience with Dempsey at an autograph session with the US team I went to several years ago. I told him thanks for the autograph and what a good player he is and he did not reply at all and just walked off. Love what he did for us and he's a legend as a player for us, but can be a bit of a prick.

Popeye, I hope you didn't think I was generalising Americans when I said Clint Dempsey was rude and his response. Maybe he expected me to be Spanish and didn't speak the lingo? Anyway I remember John Arne Riise and a giant Danish defender, who was about 6ft 7in they had at the time who was brilliant, played a big part in getting them into Europe, just behind him in the hotel. It's going to bug me for the rest of the day unless I try and Google his name! :mad:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Putting the grocery shopping away once you get home. Feels like doing the shopping was a job enough, now there’s a whole ‘nother task on top of it…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here