Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things you hate doing?

Dec 29, 2011
Does anyone else hate wiping their arse after a crap? I usually sit on the toilet way longer than I need because I dread standing up to do it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pumping Blacks, Blanking, Bowling Wides.

Shout out to Dentist's who actually on the planet enjoys going to the dentist.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
What are some common, everyday or pretty routine things, that you do that you absolutely hate to do?

For me, one of my biggest is mowing the yard. I will admit that I can be a lazy ******* at times lol, but more than that I can't stand the smell of newly cut grass. Also a tightwad so prefer to do it myself instead of paying someone else...but might start to do so. At least the mowing season is almost over with:D

Another is ironing. Being a teacher, I have to look a certain way and need to iron my clothes more than the norm, and I absolutely hate to do so.

How about ya'll?

Can I strongly recommend investing in a few nice non iron shirts / trousers.

All my smart clothes requiring ironing now just hang crumpled and unused in the cupboard.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Putting petrol in the car. So dull.

That's really good shout. I feel like about half my life's weight gain is from buying snacks when I've filled the car up because otherwise it feels like the most DULL thing of all time.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Hate resuming home renovations, before we went I would spend all day and well into the darkening nights either doing or planning the next phase of our conservatory demolition and rebuild, three days back going on four, from our hols to Corfu and I’m still to ‘raise my arse’ as Mrs G puts it and get on with the process though in my defence I have cut both lawns, back and front, ( and that is not a euphemism)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a set number of things I enjoy doing; I do not waste my time doing anything else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shaving - I have a very sensitive skin so I only do it once a week. Horrible job.

Getting caught in heavy rain and staying in wet clothes for over an hour, thus almost guaranteeing catching a cold.

Rude people - almost getting into an argument when Clint Dempsey was playing for Fulham and I held a door open for him in a hotel in Spain when they were playing in an early round of the Europa League. He didn't say anything so I said "Thanks. You're welcome!" He looked at me and said "Huh?" as Americans generally do when they're taken aback. Just general manners go a long way to having faith in humanity. :)

Point of order you can't catch a cold from getting wet it's a virus.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I have a set number of things I enjoy doing; I do not waste my time doing anything else.

Hang on - are you saying that you only ever do things that you enjoy? So do you, somewhat perversely perhaps, enjoy doing things that the majority of people do not like but just have to be done - washing up, housework, putting out the bins, tax returns if self employed. Or that you just don't do them, and therefore live in slum like conditions?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nothing. I love jobs. Give me something to do and I’m a happy man. There’s a peace to be found in the everyday tasks.

“Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.” — Zen Kōan

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Popeye, I hope you didn't think I was generalising Americans when I said Clint Dempsey was rude and his response. Maybe he expected me to be Spanish and didn't speak the lingo? Anyway I remember John Arne Riise and a giant Danish defender, who was about 6ft 7in they had at the time who was brilliant, played a big part in getting them into Europe, just behind him in the hotel. It's going to bug me for the rest of the day unless I try and Google his name! :mad:

Brede Hangeland? Not that Danish (Norwegian actually) but very tall and very good for a couple of seasons.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hang on - are you saying that you only ever do things that you enjoy? So do you, somewhat perversely perhaps, enjoy doing things that the majority of people do not like but just have to be done - washing up, housework, putting out the bins, tax returns if self employed. Or that you just don't do them, and therefore live in slum like conditions?

1) Dishwasher
2) Cleaner
3) Fair cop, I do move the rubbish from inside bin to the outside bin.
4) Accountant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here