Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
10 goals in his debut season isn’t enough for you? What on earth do you expect? A striker who bangs in 20 goals at this level?

Imo Maupay has been fantastic, easily one of our best PL signings to date, great character and he will only get better.

Missed some very presentable ones as well. I actually do expect more than 10, yes.

For a team like us 14 - 16 is a good effort, that's why I said promising, he needs a decent partner and also needs to commit to his runs more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are making 2 huge assumptions, especially you just take as truth that Watkins is insisting on £70k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are making a big assumption that I am taking as truth the 70K.

I am neutral on it. I have no view. He may be asking for 70K. Equally he may not be.

I was responding to a specific post. No more, no less.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Missed some very presentable ones as well. I actually do expect more than 10, yes.

For a team like us 14 - 16 is a good effort, that's why I said promising, he needs a decent partner and also needs to commit to his runs more.
Maupay & AC has the potential to be one of the best partnerships outside the top six.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not looking forward to the shitshow after failing to beat Chelsea with 3-0 next week

I expect us to lose, would take a draw right now. a win would be fantastic, unless that lulls people into a false sense of security that we can get by with what we have.

With Chelsea and Man U home and a tricky away tie to an improving Newcastle, there is a secondary risk in the striker recruitment dept. If we can assume most of the british based talent like Watkins/Wilson will be mopped up, not sure foreign players (who wont know much about brighton) who look at the table and see us down there with a couple of points at best are going to be falling over themselves to join. Its easier to sell the vision of top 10, than the reality of another relegation scrap.

Of course our start isnt the easiest, but being bottom 6 at end of September (a possibility) does make the task of decent striker recruitment, a tad tougher.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maupay & AC has the potential to be one of the best partnerships outside the top six.

I don't think so, think they are quite similar in many ways.

Though that said, they did well against Tottenham, but after that never really clicked for me.

I just think the goal Maupay scored vs Southampton showed the type of striker that Maupay works better with.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

14 to 16 would be a great effort. Outside of the top 6, only Ings, Jiminez and Wood got 14+.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Could be Webster’s and Ryan will almost certainly share some of the blame if we lose :wink:

The Webster thing is beginning to bug me a little. Whilst admittedly I thought Webster was poor for a sustained period last season, when he came back post lockdown IMO, we really didn't have a more impressive player (Dunk included), he was outstanding.....

Hopefully everyone will be objective and Webster will continue to shine.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maupay and a reformed, fit again Andone.

now thats got real potential

A leopard doesn’t change his spots, once fit Andone will be out on loan again. Potter lost interest in him after no time at all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
14 to 16 would be a great effort. Outside of the top 6, only Ings, Jiminez and Wood got 14+.

There you go then. If #TeamslikeBurnley can do it, no reason why we can't.

We have a lot of ball in the last third, we need to start delivering, but part of that IMO is Maupay having a decent presence with him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Webster thing is beginning to bug me a little. Whilst admittedly I thought Webster was poor for a sustained period last season, when he came back post lockdown IMO, we really didn't have a more impressive player (Dunk included), he was outstanding.....

Please do not tar me as a Webster hater, I have been a fan since he arrived here!! I was sold on him completely after the Man City game where he was hacked down on a forward run. Lawrensonesque

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Please do not tar me as a Webster hater, I have been a fan since he arrived here!!

No more myself. Thought he was quite poor for a spell. But there is no denying his class post lockdown. His only drawback, is his third or fourth touch when dribbling which is sometimes quite heavy. Did it again yesterday, and gave away a free-kick.

Funny to think we probably have three CB's who are all better than the ones Southgate selects.....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No more myself. Thought he was quite poor for a spell. But there is no denying his class post lockdown. His only drawback, is his third or fourth touch when dribbling which is sometimes quite heavy. Did it again yesterday, and gave away a free-kick.

Funny to think we probably have three CB's who are all better than the ones Southgate selects.....

As a defender himself the only conclusion I can draw is that Southgate is a Palace numpty :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s not going to bring his A game to a friendly either!

A game would have been a start. There is such a thing as getting into good habits regardless the fixture, furthermore there is the argument about getting injured by challenging in a half-hearted manner.

Not expecting him to go mad, but goodness me, do something......

You compare the effort with that of Bissouma, March and the CB's......

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Please do not tar me as a Webster hater, I have been a fan since he arrived here!! I was sold on him completely after the Man City game where he was hacked down on a forward run. Lawrensonesque

Webster is class. Think he is more likely to be picked for the England team than Dunk at this point however unfair this may be on some spiritual level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Webster is class. Think he is more likely to be picked for the England team than Dunk at this point however unfair this may be on some spiritual level.

Yes, I think you are right.
He looks more of a Southgate type.
Of course playing for #teamslikeBrighton will be a drawback.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I think you are right.
He looks more of a Southgate type.
Of course playing for #teamslikeBrighton will be a drawback.

Strange how the no 1 rated team in the world doesn’t suffer from this Palace bias :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here