Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today is the day......................that Hughton has given the interview stating 'judge us at the end of the transfer window'.

That article makes it sound to me that we are nowhere near completing deals for forwards proven at a decent level.

I am resigned to another season of making up numbers with loan signings because we are unable to tempt proven quality forwards or creative midfielders to sign for us

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The famous 'wait untill end of transfer window comment'. Maybe trying to manage expectations but it certainly deflates the spirits a little with the season round the corner and makes me believe we will struggle again this year. Gone from very confident of signings to need a good end to the window so we can stand done for a while i think. We knew what was needed 6 or more months ago and yet here we are same as last year. A poor effort and disappointing effort. I look forward to questions at the forum.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It won't have been stated, but I have assumed all along that at least one of the attacking options (if not more) are going to come as a season long loan, like Tex and Lingard. I would have thought that would just be a sensible way to get a young attacking player that we certainly couldn't afford to buy. I would rather this than waste it like last season on someone like Bennett.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
What an absolute disgrace. Bunch of twats

For once, your negativity is spot on. If barber/bloom thinks this is "learning the lessons" of last year then I am very worried about their ability to grasp basic concepts. At least we have saved on a months wages for a few players then. Sure there will be a wankfest on here though when we sign some villa reserves on loan in September

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It won't have been stated, but I have assumed all along that at least one of the attacking options (if not more) are going to come as a season long loan, like Tex and Lingard. I would have thought that would just be a sensible way to get a young attacking player that we certainly couldn't afford to buy. I would rather this than waste it like last season on someone like Bennett.

Good point. Do the Premier League teams have a date to submit squads? We'll then know what players are available on loan.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, thus far we've signed (1st team only)

Liam Rosenior - 23rd June
Tomer Hemed - 24th June
Gaetan Bong - 2nd July
Niki Maenpaa - 6th July

So, burst of signings... but now a gap of 11 days

Blimey, I posted this over 2 weeks ago, and it's still valid. 😔

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
CMS signed 2 year deal with Luton. I read somewhere that we were still paying him wages. How true that is or why I don't know. If so, hopefully that will mean we can get a couple more deals done

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
CMS signed 2 year deal with Luton. I read somewhere that we were still paying him wages. How true that is or why I don't know. If so, hopefully that will mean we can get a couple more deals done
We won't have been paying his wages past the end of June, which was when his 4 year contract ended.

Edit: Just read that Virgo said on roar that we'd be paying his wages until end of this month. Seems odd, but either way, the fact that he's no longer on the wage bill from September onwards will have already been factored into the budget and summer transfer negotiations, so him getting a deal at Luton will have no effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here