Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why are some fans not allowed to feel a little concerned about transfer activity without being pounced on by those who don't feel the same way? It's tiresome that we are all supposed to think positive all the time. It's the off season we all want the same thing, some are more patient than others, Some are just plain ****ing rude to those they don't agree with and it's normally the ones who don't like any negativity who choose this route . :shrug:

I think we all support the same club don't we? Why not just put all those you don't like to hear and are what you consider " moaning or negative" on "ignore" ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You certainly spent a lot of time moaning last summer (as you do every summer). I really can't be bothered to search through every post from you last summer but I do remember you being negative, as you usually are.

Well, you were right, I did say that, so point taken...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why are some fans not allowed to feel a little concerned about transfer activity without being pounced on by those who don't feel the same way? It's tiresome that we are all supposed to think positive all the time. It's the off season we all want the same thing, some are more patient than others, Some are just plain ****ing rude to those they don't agree with and it's normally the ones who don't like any negativity who choose this route.: shrug:

I think we all support the same club don't we?

I think it's the same people moaning about the same thing every summer (and constantly posting in threads with negativity) that gets a bit tiresome. There is a big difference between I really hoped we'd have a couple more signings in by now (which is a fair point and I agree with) to why are this club and that club signing players and we aren't doing anything and we haven't got a hope.

As I've said before, I've not forgotten deadline day last summer when some people on here moaned so much about us not signing another striker and basically wrote off the season. We all saw what happened last season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why are some fans not allowed to feel a little concerned about transfer activity without being pounced on by those who don't feel the same way? It's tiresome that we are all supposed to think positive all the time. It's the off season we all want the same thing, some are more patient than others, Some are just plain ****ing rude to those they don't agree with and it's normally the ones who don't like any negativity who choose this route . :shrug:

I think we all support the same club don't we? Why not just put all those you don't like to hear and are what you consider " moaning or negative" on "ignore" ?

Well said...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, you were right, I did say that, so point taken...

As you say, we are all entitled to our opinion and the bedwetter/licker thing is pathetic. I don't see myself as particularly rose tinted spectacles, more wait and see. There is no doubt in my mind that we won't start the season with the current squad (and if we do, we will be beaten comfortably at best by Man City). But I'd rather wait and get the right signings in. We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks but I'm confident we'll see some signings.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Because collectively you're the boys who cried wolf.

The negative posters have been wrong two seasons in a row, yet when the club really needed to be held to account in the Sami season they were able to pass the criticism off as just typical football fans because it was the same old bluster.

Of course we have to strengthen the squad. We don't have to have it done by 4 July, that's all. In fact doing all your business by now is a sure fire way to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think it's the same people moaning about the same thing every summer (and constantly posting in threads with negativity) that gets a bit tiresome. There is a big difference between I really hoped we'd have a couple more signings in by now (which is a fair point and I agree with) to why are this club and that club signing players and we aren't doing anything and we haven't got a hope.

As I've said before, I've not forgotten deadline day last summer when some people on here moaned so much about us not signing another striker and basically wrote off the season. We all saw what happened last season.

Well, let's be honest... we were lucky in that Sam B had his absolute best season (nice one Sam)... unfortunately, once he was injured out of the team, we were forced to play the rather too similar Tomer/Muzza combination, or play very good players in their correct position out of position in the Sam B role... either option was not great, and certainly not good enough for the Prem, IMHO...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, let's be honest... we were lucky in that Sam B had his absolute best season (nice one Sam)... unfortunately, once he was injured out of the team, we were forced to play the rather too similar Tomer/Muzza combination, or play very good players in their correct position out of position in the Sam B role... either option was not great, and certainly not good enough for the Prem, IMHO...

I am not saying it would be good enough for the Premier League. However, it was good enough for promotion at the end of the season and that is what mattered.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As you say, we are all entitled to our opinion and the bedwetter/licker thing is pathetic. I don't see myself as particularly rose tinted spectacles, more wait and see. There is no doubt in my mind that we won't start the season with the current squad (and if we do, we will be beaten comfortably at best by Man City). But I'd rather wait and get the right signings in. We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks but I'm confident we'll see some signings.

I genuinely hope you are correct... and, TBH, I would be surprised if we don't have 1 or 2 more in by the first pre-season game... if not, I will unleash a completely irrational tirade against our club and recruitment team! ;-)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Four players in double figures, goals wise, & we were "lucky"? :lol:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Why is that ( unofficial ) bhafc stat account suddenly tweeting stats about Cafu ?

I thought that rumour had fizzled out...

Hmmmmm.

There is an article in the press yesterday stating we still lead the chase for him.
Interest since end of May but delay in formalising deal is due to 12m Euro release fee being brought down.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Four players in double figures, goals wise, & we were "lucky"? :lol:

Again GB, really!?... read my post again... I said "we were lucky in that Sam B had his absolute best season (nice one Sam)", not that we were lucky FULL STOP... there is a difference, you know...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You know exactly what I mean. Top teams lose to lower teams a lot more than in the Premier League, for example.

I'm not sure that's true. Palace won at Chelsea and Liverpool, and how poorly did Arsenal do against mediocre teams, as they always do, at the end of the season? Man United drew at home to Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Hull...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Again GB, really!?... read my post again... I said "we were lucky in that Sam B had his absolute best season (nice one Sam)", not that we were lucky FULL STOP... there is a difference, you know...

So you think that I should only read your words & not put them in to context with the post you were replying to? Finchley Seagull was pointing out the season panned out on with the strikers we had. Your response was to say "to be honest we were lucky" before damning Hemed and Baldock with faint praise. Both got double figures despite being back up & second striker respectively

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you think that I should only read your words & not put them in to context with the post you were replying to? Finchley Seagull was pointing out the season panned out on with the strikers we had. Your response was to say "to be honest we were lucky" before damning Hemed and Baldock with faint praise. Both got double figures despite being back up & second striker respectively

I just think you need to learn to read more carefully TBH... but, hey, it's about opinions, is it not?...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Also, you seem to have two points. Here you mention our successful base being partly built on beating lower sides away yet in your first post you mention Forest and Ipswich away, two examples where that isn't the case. Not sure what you are trying to prove.

Trying to prove that we don't have the quality to beat the bigger teams away from home. Adding Ipswich and Forest to the top 13 reinforces that. Winning away to small clubs with small grounds, and small crowds is one thing, but if we can't beat 10 of the top 13, added to Forest and Ipswich, without added quality, how are we going to win away in the PL?

You don't have to be a statistician to know that 2 wins from 12 is significant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here