Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would much rather have kept GG

I think he is well past his best but obviously better than what we have as back up now. Bruno is not a CB. I struggle to believe that the club will not bring in another CB who will be a better option than GG. Before Friday I hope.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we sign Lescott, we might as well have kept Greer.

Agreed but hindsight is great perhaps the recruitment staff are thinking similar. I was thinking more on a short term fix for 12 months rather than pay over the odds for Duffy. In 12 months Dallison and Hall could be in the position that Goldson and Dunk were pre debut.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Agreed but hindsight is great perhaps the recruitment staff are thinking similar. I was thinking more on a short term fix for 12 months rather than pay over the odds for Duffy. In 12 months Dallison and Hall could be in the position that Goldson and Dunk were pre debut.

Based on our offers for players so far I imagine Chris Hughton has a fair bit of transfer money burning a hole in his pocket, I'd be surprised if he blows a chunk of it on an old has been.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Based on our offers for players so far I imagine Chris Hughton has a fair bit of transfer money burning a hole in his pocket, I'd be surprised if he blows a chunk of it on an old has been.

Succinct and accurate I'm sure.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Can you not see my logic rather than spend £3m plus for Duffy to be 4th choice as he is no better than the 3 we have when fit.

Who said he'll be 4th choice? It's up to the person who has the shirt to keep it and the other's to push them all the way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can you not see my logic rather than spend £3m plus for Duffy to be 4th choice as he is no better than the 3 we have when fit.

No, we will almost certainly lose two CBs at the same time during this season, we need two top quality back up players who will also push the first choice pairing. Madness to employ an old man when we have just released one

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Slightly OT but on sky it quotes Villa owner as saying they expect to bring in 7 or 8 signings before the window closes some bought some loans.

I know they have parachute payments but they have a seriously expensive squad - look at that winger on £60k a week. How the hell can they afford another eight players?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If we really mean business its time to stop messing around.

I along with a lot of fans I talked to at Derby could not believe a club with ambitions for promotion would go into the first game of the season with ONE fit Centre Half..Could you imagine if dunk got injured?

We need to pull our fingers out and get our business done ASAP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
23 days to get 2 singing.

And maybe another midfielder as well if Stephens goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here