Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We go to Derby with what we've now got.

Next target is to get someone in before the Forest game in 7 days time.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I am surprised that there has been nothing linking a move by Brighton for Joey O'Brien. O'Brien was released by West Ham, is 30 years old, a decent player and can play in defence or midfield. He is still capable of being a good player in the Championship.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Him or Haagerland would be better short term than spending a lot of money on Duffy as we have 3 better than him at the moment when they are fit.

Despite the fact that Duffy is Irish - I actually don't rate him - he is prone to stupid mistakes (and was responsible for both French goals in the Euros). Duffy is decent in the Championship but not any upgrade for Brighton if the ambition is promotion. I suggested a couple of months ago that John Egan was a better prospect and we will see how he does at Brentford this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Egan passes Duffy in the pecking order for the Irish team by the end of the season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Despite the fact that Duffy is Irish - I actually don't rate him - he is prone to stupid mistakes (and was responsible for both French goals in the Euros). Duffy is decent in the Championship but not any upgrade for Brighton if the ambition is promotion. I suggested a couple of months ago that John Egan was a better prospect and we will see how he does at Brentford this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Egan passes Duffy in the pecking order for the Irish team by the end of the season.

Yes, I said the same thing re Egan, much better proposition.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I am surprised that there has been nothing linking a move by Brighton for Joey O'Brien. O'Brien was released by West Ham, is 30 years old, a decent player and can play in defence or midfield. He is still capable of being a good player in the Championship.

Good shout Joey :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 days until Forest.

Would be excellent to get someone else singing before then.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Expected ? Same Bruno that was MoM against Lazio at CB and had a brilliant game (accepting it was a friendly obviously).

Different ball game playing a league game over a friendly against a side 3 weeks behind us in their season preparations. I thought he would do ok but didn't think we would get away with a clean sheet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good result but mustnt get carried away we need a CB soon. On one thread somebody said Lescott has been released by Villa would he be an option to be another Upson/Hughes

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Different ball game playing a league game over a friendly against a side 3 weeks behind us in their season preparations. I thought he would do ok but didn't think we would get away with a clean sheet.

Yes but 'expected disaster' is a bit strong. Maybe not the complete CB but never likely to be a disaster. He's too good a footballer to be that.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just seen Peterborough, a club known for picking and breeding good strikers, have just had a £1.2m bid rejected for Jason Cummings. Just had a look at him on Wikipedia and he's got a great record in the Scottish Premier and for Scotland U21s. He's only 21. Would be in our price range and a welcome addition is he could make the step up to the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here