Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Jamie Ward? Not a chance at all we are in for him. We've been interested a few times over the last couple of years, that's it. This story is a combination in using our name along with the ACTUAL interested clubs to drum up the interest in the story along with lazy journalism (about our previous interest in him). No chance, ignore it, move on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't believe for one moment we are after Ward. Non story

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
So what's the deadline today for a signing to be able to play tomorrow? Is it midday or is it 5pm?

From their website....must admit, I thought it was 1700 for loans but it appears not. Has that changed?

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#57B0Fxe8Ft7r4R4l.99

Unless he's a free agent I guess.....

41.6.1 where the Player is an Unemployed Player;

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From their website....must admit, I thought it was 1700 for loans but it appears not. Has that changed?

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

Unless he's a free agent I guess.....

41.6.1 where the Player is an Unemployed Player;

Excellent research,
No chance of signing that elusive centre half today then

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even if we can't get a player in by 12 noon for the Derby game, a singing as early as possible would be excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Excellent research,
No chance of signing that elusive centre half today then

Being forever optomistic there is the chance that a CB is all lined up for medical and sign at 10am. although I doubt it having not learnt from last season.left back fiasco. I do not believe the Jamie Ward story if we are going for promtion as he doesnt fit the bill,

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You can cross Hangeland off your list of once good, long unfit, potential stopgaps. He has retired.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Probably due to no offers of a contract from clubs..

Hangeland left Palace at the end of last season and believes the time is right to call time on his playing career.

"I've thought long and hard about the future and decided it's time to end it," he told Sky Sports.
"So I'm announcing my retirement after a long time and half of that time in this lovely country.

"You can choose to be sad that's it over or you can be happy that it's happened.

"I feel so fortunate. It's obviously sad when it comes to an end but I think it's important to know when the time is right to finish," he added.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, 45 minutes to sign any players that we need for tomorrow?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Being forever optomistic there is the chance that a CB is all lined up for medical and sign at 10am. although I doubt it having not learnt from last season.left back fiasco. I do not believe the Jamie Ward story if we are going for promtion as he doesnt fit the bill,

Nobody new for tomorrow then. No chance the Ward rumour is true as you say. We already have Murphy who is experienced and reasonably proficient as a No.10 and at a push I think Knocky could do a job there in a 4-4-1-1.
Centre back is the priority as it seems Goldson may be out for a while (no news has always been bad news when it comes to the club reporting injuries).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here