[Albion] The Wolves Golden Ticket Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Very good question. A lot of people seem to not project what is happening into the future.

Or maybe it's because we've had restrictions here for three months now and I'm being all negative.

More likely we have a season ticket credit ..therefore it’s already paid for and are banking on that 0.1% chance that’ll be ok

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seeing as how everyone is so utterly convinced there is no chance of anyone going. How come the game is sold out in 10 mins?

Got my tickets ok and still hoping here.

Club have at least 25% of all our ST balances don't they. Not costing anything and zero risk if it is cancelled even last minute.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Have got tickets but have absolutely NO hope of this game having fans allowed. Just feels like an inevitability that we’ll be in at the very very very least tier 3 by then.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I am genuinely interested in this.

Presumably no one who bought a ticket for the game is concerned about any form of Covid risk? Clearly many can't go but those who did don't believe the headline risk out there? Because if you did surely you wouldn't be going?

Speaking for myself, I have no problem with it at all, but it is a very interesting dynamic that despite all the "mutant virus out of control" stuff out there, people are still happy to buy tickets to go to a football game.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Presumably no one who bought a ticket for the game is concerned about any form of Covid risk? Clearly many can't go but those who did don't believe the headline risk out there? Because if you did surely you wouldn't be going?

Speaking for myself, I have no problem with it at all, but it is a very interesting dynamic that despite all the "mutant virus out of control" stuff out there, people are still happy to buy tickets to go to a football game.

Having attended Sundays debacle, it is well managed and I felt safer than I do when going to the supermarket shopping, yes there is a risk but I feel I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions based on the information, I would not attend any event indoors but outdoors there does appear to be a manageable risk.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex

I'm in isolation now.. having tested positive last week.. rest of the family are negative so am in "proper" isolation now . The dream of going to a match, even one that wont come true is a real tonic!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Socially distanced, outdoors, cold weather, wearing a mask.

Risk assessment is low in terms of contracting Covid, especially compared to something such as shopping for groceries.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks BHAFC for the email telling me my Priority 2 window is open so don't miss out of getting a ticket - nice of you to rub it in

Still at least I won't be £1 out of pocket this time

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Club will make £2k profit if nobody can go and they charge the £1 admin fee to cancel the tickets

Not sure that is the case. It is £1 admin charge to relist your ticket on the exchange, if the club have to cancel the crowd due to Covid rules - I haven't seen a clause they take a £1 for that. Happy to be proved wrong (not for the first time...:whistle:)

T&Cs I read that doesn't mention an admin charge if the club cancel your ticket:
3.16. All Home Supporter Match Tickets shall be available in seating zones of the Stadium designated by the Club as “COVID Tier 1 Areas” and “COVID Tier 2 Areas”. If, following the purchase of a Home Supporter Match Ticket and the corresponding debiting of your credit balance in accordance with this paragraph 3, a Match is designated to be a “behind closed doors” Match or the permitted capacity of the Stadium is reduced further, the Club reserves its right to cancel your Home Supporter Match Ticket and credit your credit balance with the corresponding amount of that Home Supporter Match Ticket. This shall be your sole remedy. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs. It is the Club’s intention that Home Supporter Match Tickets in the Club’s designated COVID Tier 2 Areas shall be valid for a Match that takes place when the Stadium is in an area under the Government’s Local COVID Tier 1 (Medium Alert) and Tier 2 (High Alert) restrictions. A Home Supporter Match Ticket in the Club’s designated COVID Tier 1 Areas shall likely only be valid for a Match that takes place when the Stadium is in an area under the Government’s Local COVID Tier 1 (Medium Alert) restrictions.

Very good question. My answer is don't travel to game on public transport. Race through the concourse to get seat and don't use it to buy food and drink. If you need toilet, do it during game so it's empty. At end, wait til everybody leaves, then do so. Then don't use public transport to get home. Literally the only bit I'm then worried about is queue to get in and the contact with the patting down steward. It's a calculated risk on that but just about not enough to stop going but am reviewing constantly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No - I wouldn't make that presumption - agree there is an element of risk management/consideration involved but having attended the Chelsea, Saints and SU games I feel far safer at the Amex than I do, for example, popping to Tesco or the local Co-op for a loaf of bread (pretty much the only other time I have to take any real risk). Very easy to maintain distancing at pretty much all times (and proximity less than 2m is very fleeting), barely touch any surfaces, spend almost the whole time either on a very sparsely populated, draughty concourse or outdoors, everyone following the rules (pretty much without exception) and travel there in my own car, and park in isolation. In short, I don't personally feel there is much more risk than sitting in my own garden listening to it on the radio. I wish I could say the same for the supermarket.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure that is the case. It is £1 admin charge to relist your ticket on the exchange, if the club have to cancel the crowd due to Covid rules - I haven't seen a clause they take a £1 for that. Happy to be proved wrong (not for the first time...:whistle:)

T&Cs I read that doesn't mention an admin charge if the club cancel your ticket:
3.16. All Home Supporter Match Tickets shall be available in seating zones of the Stadium designated by the Club as “COVID Tier 1 Areas” and “COVID Tier 2 Areas”. If, following the purchase of a Home Supporter Match Ticket and the corresponding debiting of your credit balance in accordance with this paragraph 3, a Match is designated to be a “behind closed doors” Match or the permitted capacity of the Stadium is reduced further, the Club reserves its right to cancel your Home Supporter Match Ticket and credit your credit balance with the corresponding amount of that Home Supporter Match Ticket. This shall be your sole remedy. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs. It is the Club’s intention that Home Supporter Match Tickets in the Club’s designated COVID Tier 2 Areas shall be valid for a Match that takes place when the Stadium is in an area under the Government’s Local COVID Tier 1 (Medium Alert) and Tier 2 (High Alert) restrictions. A Home Supporter Match Ticket in the Club’s designated COVID Tier 1 Areas shall likely only be valid for a Match that takes place when the Stadium is in an area under the Government’s Local COVID Tier 1 (Medium Alert) restrictions.

My post was more tongue in cheek as it would be wrong to charge it - but likewise if feel it is unfair to charge it when supporters cannot go following an increase to Tiers 3/4. I know its only £1 but it is the principal IMO that supporters are penalised for doing the right thing.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not sure I will begin refreshing the ticket exchange to the level I have for other games as I am pretty confidence we will be locked down again by then.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
My post was more tongue in cheek as it would be wrong to charge it - but likewise if feel it is unfair to charge it when supporters cannot go following an increase to Tiers 3/4. I know its only £1 but it is the principal IMO that supporters are penalised for doing the right thing.

I got the full £30 back for the tickets I resold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports