The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
couple of taffies over here been taking the piss all arvo ,done deal apparently .....1.5......i reckon and hope it's bollocks though.

That would be a very big JUMP in the offer. If they honestly thought they would get him for around £1.5m, why risk pishing us off with the initial insult of a bid?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Gus said in his interview today that he didnt know if Noone was training today. A little worrying ?????

Only the other day he had been saying he was close for the Newcastle game. Unless of course he injured himself dancing round the room after the FA cup draw yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can we now BAN Bluebird99 like he asked us to if it was shown that his claim that it was already a done deal turned out to be a lie?
I called him that yesterday afternoon when he made the schoolboy error of forgetting the FA don't work on a Sunday.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree. Nobody ever came after Peter Smith and Colin pates in the middle of the season!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Bit harsh on Colin Pates, good career mainly at old division 1 and 2 level and he was very good for us for couple of seasons. And Peter Smith actually won our player of the season one year didn't he? Colin Hawkins and Jamie Moralee might be better examples!

I quite like the fact that teams are interested in our players, it shows how well they are doing this season. Doesn't mean I want to lose any of them though and especially not Noone so hopefully Cardiff have moved on.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Respectully, I think that showed more about the quality of our squad at the time than having anything to do with Smithy's 'qualities', as much as I liked the bloke's effort.

I seem to remember a game where he got subbed off in the first half for tactical reasons. Cult hero though!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Don't know if this old news as been at work all day and just got in but just seen this on Cardiff site.

Re: " KADEEM HARRIS JOINS CARDIFF CITY "
by Forever Blue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

ejS wrote:
Cardiff City have today signed Wycombe Wanderers winger Kadeem Harris on a three and half year deal.

The highly rated 18 year old midfielder, known for his attacking quality and pace, has signed on an undisclosed fee from the Chairboys. He has now travelled back home and will link up with the squad from Wednesday after our trip to Southampton on Tuesday night.

We beat of Chelsea and Fulham to sign Harris.

The deal is believed to be worth £250,000.

Also we have now offered £1 mill and £500,000 add ons for Noone, fingers crossed.

Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I asked exactly the same question earlier on another thread & got told not to worry.

STILL WORRYING. & proberbly will be until 00:01 on 01/02/12

have any of the players been tweeting?

might they have been asked not to for the next couple of days?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
1 million or near?......let him go...great bit of business...saying that, i think he'll stay. If not, good luck to the lad.

And to be honest...the Vokes deal is far more important imo....this could be a great signing, Noone or no Noone...take the cash! If it was Will they were after, i'd be far more concerned!

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would be more concerned if it wasn't for their offer supposedly having tripled overnight from the one we rejected. That is a hell of a jump in valuation and unusual if not unlikely. All the Cardiff fans claiming to be in the know clearly are not which doesn't mean they have lost interest in Nooney but does mean we will only know if and when a deal is announced by the clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports