Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am yet to meet a single person on my dog walks who isn't complaining about how hot it is. They are mostly quite old like me though :smile:

Seems I am the only one who bloody loves this weather

I bloody love this weather and my fellow dog owners on the beach (there are three of us who paddle with the dogs most mornings) were enjoying it too.

You definitely picked the wrong user name though :wink:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I’m currently sitting in our half renovated elderly conservatory contemplating whether to resume work on it or sit it out for yet another day, (now 8 days and counting)
It’s very warm here on the ‘Sunshine coast’ also known as Eastbourne, but due to the rebuilding work and a partner who likes to clear up after me while I’m working ( I call it hiding things) am unable to locate the thermometer! Stop press, have located it and is currently reading a nice balmy 29 Celsius in here with the new French doors and windows all wide open ? Definitely in my opinion too hot to work which undoubtedly will cause a little friction with ‘her in doors’ but needs must !
As an aside, is anyone aware when this unusually hot weather will finally ease and let me resume daily working ? This is to placate Mrs G ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely lovely down on Hove Beach this morning with the puppy sea swimmers. A nice paddle for me and the hound and now sat in the reasonably chilled north facing sitting room. Might head out for a swim by myself later when it warms up a bit. Contemplating sticking a very average bottle of white wine in the fridge and getting some Calamari in for dinner to complete the "you are on a cheap holiday in Greece" type of feel.

…..is the correct answer.

Someone on one of the local Facebook groups just posted a link to a local weather station with live updates.

https://www.weatherlink.com/embedda...Q5Wpe5X-J7R44k1nv5S9CHbcoWdfZ067KMZL1rVTY0KwM

Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 09.59.22.png

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
26C in the shade for me

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think this is the first time we've had hot weather, where the media haven't turned to Fahrenheit. Usually when it gets like this they start talking about temperature's in the 90s, and will it get to 100 (37.8°C)? But I haven't seen that at all yet.

Currently only 72°F here (22°C) and a lovely day. Not going to get 'hot' till 5pm apparently.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
35, high humidity, rumbling thunder, with constant, sometimes heavy rain.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sat in my back garden in Broadwater, it’s about 25, and it’s spitting with rain.

I kid you not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here